Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I'm betting he'll beat Jovo's record of 6th in Norris voting someday.

If he stays healthy and maintains this pace, it could be this year.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/24/2020 at 6:29 PM, Kanukfanatic said:

Both are awesome players.

 

...but my megayacht is bigger!!!!

"I get ipod. He only get ipod mini. Everybody knows it for girls!"

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Alflives said:

At this point it’s clear Hughes (and Makar) are more impactful players - contribute more to their teams’ winning - than Dahlin.  I like Dahlin too, but he’s not a superstar.  He’s more like Hiskanen; a very good player. 

Ranking these guys in order of impacting winning:  Hughes, Makar, Hiskanen, (somewhat of a drop off) Dahlin.  

Do you still say OJ is better than Dahlin?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Do you still say OJ is better than Dahlin?

 

 

Yup.  OJ is way better st tennis than Dahlin.  Said that before. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fanuck said:

This is gonna be a tight one this year.

Huggy Bear has the edge in overall points as well as PPP and TOI/GP, but Makar has slightly better P/GP and his +/- is better (yeah, I know +/- isn't the be all/end all stat). 

At least they're both in the West so the TSN eastern bias shouldn't be as much of a factor as it typically is every year. 

After going pointless tonight, Makar is now only 0.01 points/game higher than Hughes. And Canucks are playing the stripped down Sens next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup.  OJ is way better st tennis than Dahlin.  Said that before. 

Nice try alf.

 

You said over and over OJ was better at being an NHL D man than Dahlin.  

 

Swing, swing, swing, MISSSSSSSS

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Nice try alf.

 

You said over and over OJ was better at being an NHL D man than Dahlin.  

 

Swing, swing, swing, MISSSSSSSS

What?  Did I :shock:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For what it is worth Friedmen said if he was voting for the Calder winner today it would be Quinn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Alflives said:

At this point it’s clear Hughes (and Makar) are more impactful players - contribute more to their teams’ winning - than Dahlin.  I like Dahlin too, but he’s not a superstar.  He’s more like Hiskanen; a very good player. 

Ranking these guys in order of impacting winning:  Hughes, Makar, Hiskanen, (somewhat of a drop off) Dahlin.  

not sure how you can say that about Dahlin... he put up 44 points as a 18 year old in the NHL playing on a bad sabers team and on pace for 56 points this year as a 19 year old... sabers don't have a defenseman like a tanev for hughes to play with.. nor do they have a great top 6 outside of eichel.. you put hughes on that team they still ain't winning... put dahlin on vancouver you prolly get the same result.. Dahlin from year to year projection point wise is trending as high if not higher than hughes at the same age so not sure how you can say Hughes and Makar is a superstar in this league and Dahlin is only a good player lol... like how many defensesman in the league history have 100 points before they turn 20? the answer is 1.. and he's likely #2.. so your ranking is bias lol.. Hiskanen impact on winning is lower than Hughes and makar? they are similar if anything... heiskanen only plays on the top pairing of the 2nd best goals against team in the league... it's like you base impact on winning based on points scored only lol... since the top defenseman from the #2 best goals against team and likely the 2nd defenseman ever to reach 100 points in the NHL before turning 20 are not superstars in this league

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AV's Coin said:

For what it is worth Friedmen said if he was voting for the Calder winner today it would be Quinn

I was on the Makar train up until recently. Hughes has taken it to another level. He has my vote now.

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are people responding to Alf like half his posts aren't compete nonsense...? :blink:

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

not sure how you can say that about Dahlin... he put up 44 points as a 18 year old in the NHL playing on a bad sabers team and on pace for 56 points this year as a 19 year old... sabers don't have a defenseman like a tanev for hughes to play with.. nor do they have a great top 6 outside of eichel.. you put hughes on that team they still ain't winning... put dahlin on vancouver you prolly get the same result.. Dahlin from year to year projection point wise is trending as high if not higher than hughes at the same age so not sure how you can say Hughes and Makar is a superstar in this league and Dahlin is only a good player lol... like how many defensesman in the league history have 100 points before they turn 20? the answer is 1.. and he's likely #2.. so your ranking is bias lol.. Hiskanen impact on winning is lower than Hughes and makar? they are similar if anything... heiskanen only plays on the top pairing of the 2nd best goals against team in the league... it's like you base impact on winning based on points scored only lol... since the top defenseman from the #2 best goals against team and likely the 2nd defenseman ever to reach 100 points in the NHL before turning 20 are not superstars in this league

Dahlin is the prototypical #1 D who has the size to clear the front of the net and play physical along the boards. Hughes is the offensive specialist like Brian Leetch. Both players are franchise level D and there are less than 31 franchise D in this league right now. 

 

The ultimate criteria for a player is whether they win the Stanley Cup. This is what would ultimately determine young players' legacy in the future. 

Edited by Maddogy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I was on the Makar train up until recently. Hughes has taken it to another level. He has my vote now.

Hughes is clearly the most impactful young D in the league.  If I wanted another young D to play here and compliment Hughes it would be Hiskanen (not Makar or Dahlin) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

not sure how you can say that about Dahlin... he put up 44 points as a 18 year old in the NHL playing on a bad sabers team and on pace for 56 points this year as a 19 year old... sabers don't have a defenseman like a tanev for hughes to play with.. nor do they have a great top 6 outside of eichel.. you put hughes on that team they still ain't winning... put dahlin on vancouver you prolly get the same result.. Dahlin from year to year projection point wise is trending as high if not higher than hughes at the same age so not sure how you can say Hughes and Makar is a superstar in this league and Dahlin is only a good player lol... like how many defensesman in the league history have 100 points before they turn 20? the answer is 1.. and he's likely #2.. so your ranking is bias lol.. Hiskanen impact on winning is lower than Hughes and makar? they are similar if anything... heiskanen only plays on the top pairing of the 2nd best goals against team in the league... it's like you base impact on winning based on points scored only lol... since the top defenseman from the #2 best goals against team and likely the 2nd defenseman ever to reach 100 points in the NHL before turning 20 are not superstars in this league

Dahlin is a very good player, but he’s in no way nearly so impactful to winning as Hughes.  I rank him fourth among the young elite D. 

He is a lot like Ekblad, and that’s a very good player. 

Hughes

Makar

Hiskann

Dahlin

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Dahlin is a very good player, but he’s in no way nearly so impactful to winning as Hughes.  I rank him fourth among the young elite D. 

He is a lot like Ekblad, and that’s a very good player. 

Hughes

Makar

Hiskann

Dahlin

 

I think there's a great case to be made that Dahlin is below at least Makar and Hughes, but also keep in mind that he's 2 and 1 year(s) younger than those guys, respectively, which is significant at ages this young.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, -AJ- said:

I think there's a great case to be made that Dahlin is below at least Makar and Hughes, but also keep in mind that he's 2 and 1 year(s) younger than those guys, respectively, which is significant at ages this young.

One could argue Dahlin matured physically at a younger age than Hughes (actually this is obvious, and not arguable) and his playing at 18 is moot.  One could argue that Dahlin, like Ekblad, was physically a man at 18, and is not going to make any physical improvements in his game.  One could argue that Dahlin is what he is right now.  That’s why I make the Ekblad comparison.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are we having a 'mine's' bigger competition here? Can't we just be happy that we've got a potential 2nd career in the adult film business if we choose? I don't really care that the other guy has similar career choices.

 

And I reiterate:

 

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

Why are people responding to Alf like half his posts aren't compete nonsense...? :blink:

Edited by aGENT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.