The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, gobi said:

Hutton, Stecher, and Pouliet must be looking over their shoulders now

Hutton and Pouliot for sure.  One of those two gets moved this year.  Stecher has the tenacity to always have a spot, even if it’s bottom pair.  

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Now we better get Tryamkin back to pair up with this kid.

Absolutely. I wonder what this means for Stecher long term. Can't have too many small D on a champion and Hughes is alot more talented than Stech. But I guess any decision along those lines is years away.

That issue aside, Tryamkin coming back would be like adding a top 4 D to your roster. Nevermind one that's 6'7 and can skate. And he has interest in coming back too. I can't wait for the day he's back in a Canuck's jersey.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Alflives said:

Hutton and Pouliot for sure.  One of those two gets moved this year.  Stecher has the tenacity to always have a spot, even if it’s bottom pair.  

I don't know. With OJ, Chatfield, and Sautner knocking on the door, I'd still be worried if I was Stecher. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, gobi said:

Hutton, Stecher, and Pouliet must be looking over their shoulders now

I didn't even think about that. At least Pouliot or Hutton. Right now as it stands, those guys and Juolevi are the guys he has to beat to make the team. They better buckle down.

Just now, gobi said:

I don't know. With OJ, Chatfield, and Sautner knocking on the door, I'd still be worried if I was Stecher. 

Great point, the guys you mentioned are about ready for the bigs to see if they belong.

• Like 1

I like Hughes 

Not going to say I was hoping for him, but he figures to be locked into the new core, so I’m getting used to it, slowly. 

Seriously though, how small is too small for D and for Vancouver’s roster as a whole? 

Edited by 189lb enforcers?
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2