The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Ok, Goldy is a play maker. I am not hayton Haytons game at all. Just not at five. Hecht draft Zadina and trade for a two way guy. That’s my take. 

:lol::lol::lol:

And yeah, Hayton went about 10 spots earlier than I would have taken him. 

2 hours ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Ok, Goldy is a play maker. I am not hayton Haytons game at all. Just not at five. Hecht draft Zadina and trade for a two way guy. That’s my take. 

IDK. Dahlin has a complete game and that is what sets him apart from others. Hughes may have more exciting game but Dahlin is a an stud. Hughes will also be a stud. 

Pretty sure JB would have taken Dahlin over Hughes too. 

That's why winning the draft lottery isn't always the best for your team. #3-9 usually allows you to draft the player you want unless a player falls to you. JB would have taken Dhalin and that is why we won the draft this year again because we got the best defenseman in the draft. Oli will be awesome with Quin.

2 hours ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

IDK. Dahlin has a complete game and that is what sets him apart from others. Hughes may have more exciting game but Dahlin is a an stud. Hughes will also be a stud. 

Pretty sure JB would have taken Dahlin over Hughes too. 

would you trade horvat for zadina?

There may be a few uncomfortable lunch meetings where the head scouts won’t want to make eye contact with the GM of 4 or 5 teams after the Show Quinn put on!  

I would have been really choked if Glass was our pick after watching this Showcase.  He should have stood out way more IMO.

Edited by Bandwagon38
Grammar
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, cory40 said:

That's why winning the draft lottery isn't always the best for your team. #3-9 usually allows you to draft the player you want unless a player falls to you. JB would have taken Dhalin and that is why we won the draft this year again because we got the best defenseman in the draft. Oli will be awesome with Quin.

I wouldn't be disappointed if JB somehow was able to draft Dahlin instead of Quinn.

1 hour ago, tas said:

No chance. 2-line center maybe even 1st line, strong with good faceoff skills, v posible 1st line winger... nope. 

Edited by spook007
  • Upvote 3

Just finished watching the game (it’s so awesome to have this level of hockey in the middle of summer). 

Quinn was unbelievably entertaining to watch! He completely steals the show every shift. 

I can’t wait to eventually watch the magic that he and Pettersson are going to conjure up!

8 hours ago, tas said:

Are you saying Hayton is a clutch 210 pound center and soon to be anointed captain likely. He isn’t and likely will not be as good as Horvat.   

Horvat is gold to the nucks. As close to a untradeable player as could be. All kinds of reasons for that beyond position and points. 

But I could think of more than a few teams that would have given up a whole lot to land Zona’s Pick. Like Edmonton among others. 

Right now don’t you think Edmonton would be happier with Hughes?  Added to that Zona would still likely land Hayton at ten. 

How about Buffalo?  I think the Zadina might have been enough to land an O Rielly though. 

Edited by Eastcoast meets Westcoast

8 hours ago, tas said:

Are you saying Hayton is a clutch 210 pound center?   

Horvat is gold to the nucks. As close to a untradeable player as could be. 

I think the Zadina might have been enough to land an O Rielly 

8 hours ago, tas said:

guess what kind of player arizona thinks hayton will be?

Chayka would have still landed Hayton had he traded down. Hayton is no Horvat. Then again, didn’t a bunch of people think Larrzus was better and there was this guy named Nick or something like that. 

9 hours ago, cory40 said:

That I actually think you could be right is awesome, but I need to see it happen. If not we are getting ahead of ourselves. 

44 minutes ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Are you saying Hayton is a clutch 210 pound center?   

Horvat is gold to the nucks. As close to a untradeable player as could be. 

I think the Zadina might have been enough to land an O Rielly 

Chayka would have still landed Hayton had he traded down. Hayton is no Horvat. Then again, didn’t a bunch of people think Larrzus was better and there was this guy named Nick or something like that. 

hayton was one of the players benning would have taken over hughes. 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 2