The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

3 hours ago, drummerboy said:

Burns won a Norris a couple years ago.......

2 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Hughes is a lot more likely to be a 8 goal, 60 assist guy rather than a 20 goal 40 assist guy.

Even in college, you can see his forte isn't to score goals, it's to draw defenders to him then make the accurate pass to the goal scorer.

Hughes is a playmaker, for sure.  He hopefully develops a better shot to add too the package.   

Hughes needs a partner with size and a shot.  

2 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Hughes is a lot more likely to be a 8 goal, 60 assist guy rather than a 20 goal 40 assist guy.

Even in college, you can see his forte isn't to score goals, it's to draw defenders to him then make the accurate pass to the goal scorer.

Can’t wait for him to rack up a lot of assists from those EP clappers from the PP

5 hours ago, westcoastsniper said:

For those interested, Craig Button has Hughes at #1. A bit of a change from last year where Pronman had Pettersson at #9 and Button had him at #1.

https://www.tsn.ca/russian-wingers-top-tsn-s-ranking-of-nhl-affiliated-prospects-1.1241872

hfboards (puke :picard:) says button has Hughes at 8 not 1. I tried to confirm but tsn seems to be down.

Edit: button has Quinn Hughes at #8 for mid season nhl team affiliated prospect rankings. He has Jack Hughes at 1 for draft eligibles.....FYI.

So Pronman has Q Hughes at 1 and button has him at 8.

Gaudette has dropped down to 41 from 26.

Demko dropped down to 46 from 42.

Edited by Kanukfanatic

11 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

hfboards (puke :picard:) says button has Hughes at 8 not 1. I tried to confirm but tsn seems to be down.

Edit: button has Quinn Hughes at #8 for mid season nhl team affiliated prospect rankings. He has Jack Hughes at 1 for draft eligibles.....FYI.

So Pronman has Q Hughes at 1 and button has him at 8.

Gaudette has dropped down to 41 from 26.

Demko dropped down to 46 from 42.

Subjective rankings from failed GM's and prognosticators mean very little when it comes to players actually playing. I can't wait to see him play in the NHL and turning players inside out.

Edited by canuckledraggin
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, canuckledraggin said:

Subjective rankings from failed GM's and prognosticators mean very little when it comes to players actually playing. I can't wait to see him play in the NHL and turning players inside out.

I don't disagree. Just correcting the other post that seemed to indicate both pronman and button had Q Hughes at 1.

7 minutes ago, canuckledraggin said:

How wonderful would it be to win that friggin’ draft lottery and get Jack Hughes here too?  We could use him on the wing with Bo!  Wow!  Then sign EK on July 1.  Can you say parade down Georgia spring 2020?  :towel:

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

How wonderful would it be to win that friggin’ draft lottery and get Jack Hughes here too?  We could use him on the wing with Bo!  Wow!  Then sign EK on July 1.  Can you say parade down Georgia spring 2020?  :towel:

Regardless it's going to be a fun team to watch. You're assuming we won't make the playoffs and win the lottery, but Petey has the ability to wear this team like a knapsack and take them to places that they never should have been. I wouldn't spend the money it would take to get Karlsson, because EP40 is going to command a huge salary in a couple years. Just keep swinging for the fences at the draft and build a team the way Winnipeg has. Sure and steady wins the race.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, canuckledraggin said:

Regardless it's going to be a fun team to watch. You're assuming we won't make the playoffs and win the lottery, but Petey has the ability to wear this team like a knapsack and take them to places that they never should have been. I wouldn't spend the money it would take to get Karlsson, because EP40 is going to command a huge salary in a couple years. Just keep swinging for the fences at the draft and build a team the way Winnipeg has. Sure and steady wins the race.

Did the Jets trade for Big Buff, or sign him as a UFA?  Chara signed with the Bruins as a UFA.  We do Hughes coming, so maybe we don’t need a top UFA Dman? 

These kids know their own strengths and weakness better than anyone. He knows what he needs to work on. Quinn's legs are tree trunks. Once he adds some upper body/core strength that shot will come along just fine. He's 19 years old. Strength will come naturally and put to rest this non-NHL shot talk.

2 minutes ago, Pepe Silvia said:

These kids know their own strengths and weakness better than anyone. He knows what he needs to work on. Quinn's legs are tree trunks. Once he adds some upper body/core strength that shot will come along just fine. He's 19 years old. Strength will come naturally and put to rest this non-NHL shot talk.

Have you seen his legs?

They looked pretty skinny in a suit at the draft lol. 

Thats a small body gentlemen. Lol

Im not saying that he wont get stronger and i think he'll do more than fine in the NHL. 

I just can't picture him with big legs. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Did the Jets trade for Big Buff, or sign him as a UFA?  Chara signed with the Bruins as a UFA.  We do Hughes coming, so maybe we don’t need a top UFA Dman? 

I think Tryamkin is that guy. When he sees what this team has become he is going to want to come back here. He didn't want to suffer through the losing years, but I don't hold it against him. If he comes back to this team in a couple years, he is going to be a game changer for this team. They will need the type of physical play he brings to replace a worse version of himself in Gudbranson.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2019 at 2:25 PM, Alflives said:

I love how Burns plays, but he can't even come close to how Quinn skates with (and without) the puck.  EK is pretty close, but doesn't have Quinn's puck skills, or quickness.  Quinn is unique.    

You heard it here first folks, Burns can't even come close to QH, but Karlsson is pretty close. 

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

Have you seen his legs?

They looked pretty skinny in a suit at the draft lol. 

Thats a small body gentlemen. Lol

Im not saying that he wont get stronger and i think he'll do more than fine in the NHL. 

I just can't picture him with big legs. 

He already has pretty big legs, he’s built like a T-Rex. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Maketherightmove said:

You heard it here first folks, Burns can't even come close to QH, but Karlsson is pretty close. 

Exactly!  Burns is not nearly the skater as Quinn, especially with the puck.  EK is great.  Hope we sign him this summer.