The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

23 minutes ago, Pepe Silvia said:

Just got tickets for the game Wednesday. Hoping Hughes makes his debut against his good buddy Brady Tkachuk. 

I’ll be there too, and I heard a rumour he may be ready to go then. I also may have started the rumour.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/15/2019 at 6:41 AM, Glug Datt said:

what I don't get, is how I can see flashes of puck moving brilliance from Stetcher, Hutton, even Pouliot & Biega, but there's no consistency.. like it was a total fluke or something.. can't they watch some video and think, yah that's what I need to be doing? is it a confidence thing? or does a player like Hughes somehow see the play unfolding differently or maybe have the ability to make proper adjustments on the fly? just a level up in that skill, plain & simple I guess.. 

I think Stecher, Hutton, Biega etc are examples of players with individual talent and hard work but average hockey IQ. Their spatial awareness is not very good and every play they make is telegraphed. With time and space, Stecher and Hutton can make the right play because they can rely on their puck skills to get them out of trouble. However, under time constraints they resort to making the 'safe' play every time because they don't have the quick thinking and on ice awareness that someone like Hughes does.

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I'm going to the Anaheim game on the 26th. Hopefully he's ready to play by then. 

I am too!  Very excited... IF Quinn is there.  Regardless, I'll have a great time but I'm just so stoked to see him with Petey and Boeser.  If yah want to meet up for a couple drinks before game, Let me know.  Cheers... Go Canucks go!

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Rodishred said:

I am too!  Very excited... IF Quinn is there.  Regardless, I'll have a great time but I'm just so stoked to see him with Petey and Boeser.  If yah want to meet up for a couple drinks before game, Let me know.  Cheers... Go Canucks go!

Ya man! I haven't seen Pettersson live yet either so even if Quinn isn't playing Im stoked. Haven't been to a game since the Sedins last against ARI last season. Before that I don't even know, haven't been to too many the last few years.

Super excited. CGC

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Ya man! I haven't seen Pettersson live yet either so even if Quinn isn't playing Im stoked. Haven't been to a game since the Sedins last against ARI last season. Before that I don't even know, haven't been to too many the last few years.

Super excited. CGC

You're in for a treat!  Petey is everything you've seen or heard but better.  Seriously, t.v. doesn't show half of what he does.  Add in the skating and IQ of Hughes... It will be a sight to behold! 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Super excited. CGC

I was at the Habs game when Petey unleashed that one timer from the right circle (took him twice to get it in from the same spot), top corner blocker side. The velocity from his shot is incredible live and up close. Watch when he's rushing with the puck, you'll see some subtle moves that the angle from the tv cameras just don't get, very impressive

• Upvote 2