The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Crack for Jack?

tas

4 hours ago, bloodycanuckleheads said:

Ummm, he's American, and American hockey players have a long and storied history of not wanting to play hockey in Canada (if there's an opportunity to play in the States).

What???? how many of our team comes from south of the border.....

If there isn't an issue, don't create one.

We also have a track-record of American players forcing trades back to the States (Kesler, Luongo).

???? Kesler didn't want to go through a rebuild with Canucks. Actually did us a favour. Had Sedins done the same it can be argued we would be a lot further in our rebuild.

Is Luongo American?

Ummm, he's American, and American hockey players have a long and storied history of not wanting to play hockey in Canada (if there's an opportunity to play in the States).

I guess that means we lose Boeser next year because he demands a trade?

I was gonna make a thread like this myself because I'm so excited!!

All the stars seem to be aligning so that we build one of the strongest, youngest cores in the league!

And the way I see it we have two options right now....

A) Unload Tanev for futures so we suck royally and tank

or B ) We ride out the season and stockpile tradeable assets and picks, then make our push at the draft

EITHER WAY WE ARE LANDING JACK HUGHES

I CAN SEE THE PROPHESY FULFILLING ITSELF

No need.  With Pettersson, Gaudette, Dahlen, and perhaps Juolevi and Hughes joining the team, plus a couple of key FA signings along with possible trades, the Canucks may start slow from all the changes but once the kids get traction we could end up a bubble team.  Then we just miss the playoffs but pull a Dallas/Carolina/Philly and score the top pick in the lotto, in our own barn so we can first-hand watch us draft our first-ever first-overall.

6 hours ago, bloodycanuckleheads said:

Did anyone else notice that none of the Hughes looked happy that we drafted Quinn (including the man himself)?  They looked almost horrified.

Yeah but nobody really looks happy to be drafted by Vancouver. Boeser, McCann, and Gaunce all looked like curbstomped their dogs when their names were called out.

They'll LEARN to love it.

3 minutes ago, Bitter Melon said:

Yeah but nobody really looks happy to be drafted by Vancouver. Boeser, McCann, and Gaunce all looked like curbstomped their dogs when their names were called out.

They'll LEARN to love it.

I didn't notice that at all. U serious?

11 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Well drafting the smallest dman in the draft, a guy just like Benning isn't going to push this team higher in the standings, if this is all they do, they don't trade for another 1rst rounder then they just wasted another draft. This kid is 3 to 4 years out yet.

I guess Benning is just working for is next job.

Disappointed? Yes!

Maybe Demko for a NYI 1rst and then select Bouchard or Dobson

I guess Torrey Krug’s play in the 2013 playoffs and his play ever since, has never registered on you. 

There are many other examples of smaller players like Martin St Louis performing well in the playoffs. 

7 hours ago, bloodycanuckleheads said:

Did anyone else notice that none of the Hughes looked happy that we drafted Quinn (including the man himself)?  They looked almost horrified.

I guess you didn’t hear the interview with Quinn Hughes on the NHL network. He sounded pretty stoked to be joining the Canucks.

5 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

I guess Torrey Krug’s play in the 2011 SCF and his play ever since, has never registered on you. 

There are many other examples of smaller players performing well in the playoffs. 

Torey Krug didn't play in the 2011 finals he made his debut the following season, he did play in the 2013 Finals though. 

And, there were a whole bunch of American teams drafting right after us (and McDavid).  We were clearly not the team they wanted to draft him, which is extremely unfortunate.

How on earth would you know.? You seem more interested in stirring the pot, than in contributing anything of substance. Vancouver is a great city to play in despite the fact that many of it’s fans don’t embrace the team or understand the game.

I knew that the rebuilding years were going to be challenging, but I completely underestimated the capacity that some fans have for crapping all over team during this process. 

If you say so genius. Vancouver is actually a great place to play for Americans because they can maintain a residence in Point Roberts USA and play in Vancouver. This allows them to pay their taxes at lower US personal tax rates while playing in Canada . 

Vancouver is the only Canadian team that is close enough to the border to use this tax saving technique. 

Playing for a team that is trending upwards in the beautiful Pacific Northwest., where you are potentially going to be a key to the team’s success. What’s not to like about that?

29 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Torey Krug didn't play in the 2011 finals he made his debut the following season, he did play in the 2013 Finals though. 

My bad . I thought that he did. Seems that he has played pretty well in the playoffs isince he has been on the team.

Archived