The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Hey, How About We Fire This Group! Another Blown Draft.

TheGuardian_

1 minute ago, TheGuardian_ said:

the west has larger and different game, ya I am consistent:towel:

Hughes wasn't the player I wanted, but I can see that he is an excellent player.  I am good with the pick and happy for all the Nuck fans that are thrilled about the pick.

You have fooled me in the past, as I didn't really think you were a full blown troll, as sometimes, you had some very solid comments on this board.

Coming here on draft night and putting this topic on the board is showing your true motivation.  How very sad for you.

29 minutes ago, mpt said:

Petersson was also picked well ahead of his ranking, so was Boeser.  Just because they are in an order, doesn’t mean that order is correct.

Totally. It happens every year. Normally teams aren't as clumsy about it as Montreal but they go "off board" every year. But they're picking off their board, not yours.  

2 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

We all know you'd be bitching no matter who the Canucks drafted. If it was Bouchard or Dobson, you'd be moaning about taking size over skill; Boqvist would be concussion issues; but they picked Hughes so it's "he's too small!" 

Krug and Spurgeon are 5'9", Karlsson is 6'. I don't think not being 6'3" is the death knell for Hughes' career.

nope the next highest consensus ranked dman would have been great, that is was a tie basically between Dobson and Bouchard would have been great especially as the next 6'1" d,am will be the 2nd biggest after Edler. Karlsson and Hughes are the same? Then why was he ranked so low?

I repeat and repeat, size matters why is this kid so much better than either Dobson or bouchard? What about Hughes concussion issues?

11 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Dealing with people? Nah something more fitting of most of Guardians posts. 

B3E08EAD-C552-45A5-85F2-6D1DFCBF3FA6.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Pears said:

What is it gonna take to get you banned?

sorry I don't agree with you, life must be tough when everyone else isn't perfect, would it not be just peachy if you were the only right person in world, nobody ever had a different thought, you could be a god!!!! Maybe you are!!!! I bow to your perfectness:lol:

5 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Hughes wasn't the player I wanted, but I can see that he is an excellent player.  I am good with the pick and happy for all the Nuck fans that are thrilled about the pick.

You have fooled me in the past, as I didn't really think you were a full blown troll, as sometimes, you had some very solid comments on this board.

Coming here on draft night and putting this topic on the board is showing your true motivation.  How very sad for you.

I feel the same. He wasn’t my guy but I’m willing to see how it goes because of his high end skill set. 

I think this is way better than the 2016 draft, when there was better D-men available and a kid that was almost a 2ppg player available in that draft when we selected. 

You know you are out to lunch when you make HFBOARDS look positive.  Even those guys are almost unanimously happy with the pick (other than some guy named Terrible Dee...is that you btw?)

Regarding size, we just watched Will Butcher, at 5 foot 10, put up 44 points in his rookie year for NJ.  Also, stop lying about him being the consensus 4th best d man.  There were multiple lists that had him as the second best d after Dahlin.

Im gonna stop here, because its impossible to have a rational discussion with someone that flies off the handle every other day by starting a new doom and gloom thread.

Good grief. Hughes has as much a chance of being an impact NHLer as anyone else drafted today. Just because he may not be ready next year doesn't mean he's a bad pick. This kid is going to be part of our core for a long time.......and maybe next year we get to add his brother to the lineup. :P

3 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

nope the next highest consensus ranked dman would have been great, that is was a tie basically between Dobson and Bouchard would have been great especially as the next 6'1" d,am will be the 2nd biggest after Edler. Karlsson and Hughes are the same? Then why was he ranked so low?

I repeat and repeat, size matters why is this kid so much better than either Dobson or bouchard? What about Hughes concussion issues?

This kid has elite skating, tons of hockey sense and by all accounts is character guy. He was the 2nd highest rated skater in the draft behind Dahlin. He was a point a game player for the 2nd half of this season, as the youngest player in the league. I think he deserves a little credit, don't you?

1 hour ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Well I am instructed that talk about firing management and an opinion about their poor job and effect on the team is to be put in this forum.

To be clear this has nothing to do with the player himself, just the missed opportunity to select any player that might be able to play in the NHL, this is a thread about the drafting guru and delaying or not building for a playoff team.

They blew it again, three players ranked above this were available and they didn't get any new draft picks either, this isn't about a suggestion to trade for players, for draft picks or what I would do if I were GM, not even a suggestion to trade for a pick.

I can't see how the few remaining posters can be so blind as to not recognize the mistake or envision what this team will look like with all these little players, stuck in the middle, just good enough to suck the money out of the pockets, at best one and done. 15 years will be wasted if they are  not careful, the Oilers will look like a model franchise if this incompetence keeps up and the Canucks will be perpetual 8000 to 1 odds for winning the cup.

This group will be too small even if they had McD on it.

Go ahead and crucify me, this is just a forum and not important, none of the posters are important, they are just people with key boards, BTW the neg votes got me jobs, they showed I could reach the masses.

I doubt anyone will be lining up and paying 2 1 hundred bucks to watch this kid for 3 years yet and thank goodness the contract is up before that. Size matters in the playoffs, small works for the regular season not the playoffs

Ok then.

Tell me.  Where do you see this team placing next year?

I have said numerous times top 10 pick.  AGAIN.

Boqvist is 2-3 years from NHL play

Hughes is 2-3 years from NHL play

Dobson is 1-2 years from NHL play

Bouchard is 1-2 years from NHL play

He fits our timeline to contention perfectly

We have literally NO reason to rush any prospect for your desire next year.  Wahlstrom being the next. HL ready forward and we didn't need another RW.  We need D, PP running D.  We took one that essentially dominated the worlds on a losing US team and did some pretty amazing things in the NCAA

So while you might want to fire management I am almost 99% positive you said the same nonsense about just about every move they've made and have been wrong every time

Here we are again.

Archived