The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

1 hour ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

"This kid is a warrior," Canucks director of player development Ryan Johnson said. "This is a high, high-character kid that is very raw in his approach to a lot of things about the game, which we get excited about because that's where our resources come in from a development side."

I'm predicting this kid will have an "A" on his Canucks jersey when we win the Stanley Cup.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, theo5789 said:

I'm hoping he will be one of those guys other fanbases talk about how great dmen can be found in the 2nd round (eg Shea Weber, Duncan Keith, etc). It's about time this luck comes to us.

Gotta love picking big heart and soul Canadian kids !! 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

On 2018-07-23 at 11:57 PM, theo5789 said:

I'm hoping he will be one of those guys other fanbases talk about how great dmen can be found in the 2nd round (eg Shea Weber, Duncan Keith, etc). It's about time this luck comes to us.

You bet, they will be Wooshing they picked Woo instead.  Ugh that was terrible.

On 7/23/2018 at 8:57 PM, theo5789 said:

But it has tryamkin B)

This past season Woo won over coach Hunter for more minutes when Josh Brooks was injured during the latter half of the WHL season.  Wonder if Woo can win over Hunter's gaze over Brooks who is considered Moose Jaw's best Dman after Kale Clague.   Hoping Woo can do the same for Team Canada.  Josh Brooks was invited to camp and is attending but due to injury, he is sitting out.  Have to think though that Coach Tim Hunter may favour Brooks his number one dman and likely go to bat for him to be on the team over Woo. 

One advantage is looking at team Canada's summer camp roster and invites, A lot of the Dman particularly on the right side are all puck moving dman, and all safe two way guys.  Woo is the only one of 6 RHD invited to camp that plays a robust/in your face style, while being a very agile skater, could lead him to be that Utility/7th Dman for team Canada.  I feel that different element in his game might give him an edge 

• Upvote 1

On 2018-06-23 at 3:23 PM, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I like the idea of nabbing Dmen that fall in the draft. It seems to me that they typically seem to rebound pretty well.

Anyone been watching Woo so far?  

I havent seen any game action, and not much in the way of reports so far...