The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Preferred Bode Wilde with this pick...

That said, Jet Woo was the other person I wanted after Bode Wilde so I'm happy. Bruising d man, he's got good potential. He adds to the depth of our prospect pool and has legitimate NHL potential. See him as an NHLer in 3 years.

4 minutes ago, Quantum said:

Preferred Bode Wilde with this pick...

That said, Jet Woo was the other person I wanted after Bode Wilde so I'm happy. Bruising d man, he's got good potential. He adds to the depth of our prospect pool and has legitimate NHL potential. See him as an NHLer in 3 years.

Did you see Wilde crying as he wasn't being picked..... No thank you. So happy we passed. 

After having the information about Wilde in hindsight, I believe Benning got the right guy now. Give this kid a couple of years and some professional training, we're likely to see a 210-215lb guy; Tanev "Heavy" type. Being an R hand player is bonus.

Good pick for us. We are starting to see the remainder of needed depth filling out. Goalie is pretty much set, forwards looking good, and now the D is coming around.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Mean, physical, smooth skating defenseman with an offensive upside. The ideal Quinn Hughes partner. 

Juolevi, Hughes, now Woo. Our defense is really shaping up. 

We'll see if he gets good enough for that. You can't just stick a #4 D-man with a #1-2 because their sizes compliment each other. I'm not sure I see Woo being more than a second pairing guy who excels on the PK (maybe a 2nd unit PP?) where Hughes should be a top pairing, 1st unit PP guy.