The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I don't mind him staying on the big squad for a few games to train and practice with men.  Even playing a few games if injuries occurs.  

If he gets overwhelmed, it will just be a good teaching lesson for him, that he has lots to work on.  That junior hockey shouldn't be just to coast, but an opportunity to really use the feedback given by the coaches to improve his technique, decision-making, and strength to make the next step to the pros.  

Should he look very comfortable in the NHL, then it will be a good thing for him.  Either he can stick and thus the Canucks may have assets to move around... or that it will be a real confidence booster that he isn't far from making it to the NHL.  That he will take what he learned and dominate juniors.  

There is no such thing as "ruining" a prospect, short of injuries.  If players get so shell-shocked over simple adversary, they won't have much of a career anyways.  

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Lancaster said:

I don't mind him staying on the big squad for a few games to train and practice with men. 

Unless we have a slew of injuries (which would suck), roster limits prevent this sort of thing.

• Cheers 1

On 7/11/2019 at 3:06 PM, kloubek said:

Even if Woo COULD play in the NHL, one more year to develop isn't a bad idea.  When he is ready, I'm sure he will get an opportunity.

It's unlikely we see JW in Van inside of three years.  Two if we're very lucky.

• Upvote 2

On 7/7/2019 at 7:18 PM, lmm said:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

On 7/24/2019 at 5:10 PM, NorthWestNuck said:

"Even in some opposing rinks I could still hear a lot of fans cheering for me, and the number of fans I've met has been unbelievable," said Woo. "I take it as a positive, people know me, they want to watch me play, want to see how I am off the ice."

Every time a fan “Woo”’s he thinks they’re cheering for him. That’s adorable. lol

Could be cheering for Jett's mom. Shes a hottie!!! <3 <3 <3

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, VancouverIteinSanDiego said:

Is he at WJHC trying out? Just saw a tsn video talking about the d didn't mention Woo

Button always likes to hype the 17 year old kids but chances are guys like Barron will not make the team.

This is a 19 year olds tournament and Woo has the offensive production to go along with a physical edge that coaches will be looking for.

Unless he’s injured or has a slow start he should be on the team.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, VancouverIteinSanDiego said:

Is he at WJHC trying out? Just saw a tsn video talking about the d didn't mention Woo

He is at the tourney and played for Canada against the Fins.  He had an assist in the game.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

One more year of junior with the Hitman and he will move to the Comets,then like OJ will have opportunity to make the big club. Add in Rathebone coming in possibly after his collage career and our young D core is coming up nicely. Lots to be excited about. Woo is the gritty rock we need back there to balance skill with hard nosed old time hockey grit. 

• Cheers 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2019 at 8:08 PM, Kobayashi Maru said:

He is basically this generations Bieksa.  Seems to be the exact mold of playing with intensity in the D zone and having an good offensive presence.  Seems like pretty much a lock for the second pair in two years.

Bieksa was a legit fighter and 45 point d man. Not seeing this comparison. Maybe Willie Mitchell 

Edited by cuporbust