1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Yeah, not worried about Woo's offense on a less stacked team.

Besides, we have Rathbone coming to be Hughes-lite. We don't need that skill set out of Woo of it happens to not be there at the NHL level.

Solid, physical, 2 way D with some complimentary scoring is just fine

Maybe hes Makar Lite? Heard he hammers the puck well

I kind of see Woo as a right-handed Hamhuis. A very good defensive D that can be very physical ( Hamhuis brought down some big men with that hip-check) and in the right circumstance bring some decent O - at best a strong number 3, but at least a good third pairing guy that can play higher when called on. He did not have a strong start to this year, but started last year the same way, then kicked butt after he was rejected by the national juniors - kind of like Lind last year.

• Hydration 2

15 hours ago, AK_19 said:

I mean, he wasn't really drafted for his offense. How has his defensive play been?

It's been absolute crickets out there for reports on Woo's play this year. I've been waiting and looking for some sort of report on his play other than just stat watching. Either there just aren't many Hitmen fans out there or his play has been mediocre so people naturally just don't want to $&!# on the guy. I'd love to hear someone who knows hockey to give a report on his play this year. 

Edited by Ihatetomatoes

1 hour ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

It's been absolute crickets out there for reports on Woo's play this year. I've been waiting and looking for some sort of report on his play other than just stat watching. Either there just aren't many Hitmen fans out there or his play has been mediocre so people naturally just don't want to $&!# on the guy. I'd love to hear someone who knows hockey to give a report on his play this year. 

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040/button-jett-woo-not-good-enough-for-the-world-jr-roster-1.1406993

Doesn't go in to much detail but he talks about Jett at the half way mark of the video.  Says he wasn't close to making the wjc roster and needs to play with more pace

10 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

I kind of see Woo as a right-handed Hamhuis. A very good defensive D that can be very physical ( Hamhuis brought down some big men with that hip-check) and in the right circumstance bring some decent O - at best a strong number 3, but at least a good third pairing guy that can play higher when called on. He did not have a strong start to this year, but started last year the same way, then kicked butt after he was rejected by the national juniors - kind of like Lind last year.

I see him as JovoCop lite. Great skating physical 2-way Dman.

1 minute ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

How many Flames players made Canada's preliminary roster this time? ^_^

TSN makes it's big coin on this tournament with eastern (Ontario and Quebec) viewers.  Look to see several of the Leaf's, Sen's, and Hab's prospects on the Canadian team, whether they deserve it or not.  

• Burr 2

Super disappointed to not see Woo on the WJC. 

Was really looking forward to watching him play.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 2

On 12/4/2019 at 11:42 AM, Alflives said:

TSN makes it's big coin on this tournament with eastern (Ontario and Quebec) viewers.  Look to see several of the Leaf's, Sen's, and Hab's prospects on the Canadian team, whether they deserve it or not.  

So TSN picks the team?

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Chronic.Canucks.Fan said:

That was some serious Maximus Decimus Meridius celly shiz right there

Yeah, & that's a sweeet backhander.

On 12/5/2019 at 3:05 AM, J-23 said:

Super disappointed to not see Woo on the WJC. 

Was really looking forward to watching him play.

It's too bad, doesn't sound like he was really in the conversation at all either.

5 minutes ago, BCNate said:

It's too bad, doesn't sound like he was really in the conversation at all either.

The omission will motivate; & determined late-bloomers on D, are smooth in a cap world.

42 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

The omission will motivate; & determined late-bloomers on D, are smooth in a cap world.

For sure.  Didn't mean it in the sense of him not progressing as a prospect, just in that it sucks we won't get to watch him at the WJC.

I still think he will be a player for us down the road.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 2

40 minutes ago, BCNate said:

That's ok.  There's tons of terrific dmen in the NHL that were overlooked by their countries' world junior team.  Woo will do just fine, regardless.

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

The omission will motivate those that choose to find the negativity of everything on the team to suggest he's a dud of a prospect and is now a question mark to ever make it to the NHL.

3 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

The omission will motivate those that choose to find the negativity of everything on the team to suggest he's a dud of a prospect and is now a question mark to ever make it to the NHL.

to wit, Annie Lennox sings: Don't mess with Omissionary-man!

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 2