The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

23 hours ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

Alf, you're celebratory drunk...

Drunk, for certain.  However I’m right on Bahl.  Guy isn’t quick enough for the NHL.  His hockey career is over after a couple years in the AHL.  Woo, on the other hand, will be in the N.hL for 15 to 20 years.  Thank ?God we didn’t waste our pick on a piece of crap, like 

Bahl.  For the Posters who prefer ?Bahl to Eoo, you can go Troll elsewhere.  You are not true Canuck’s fans.  

13 hours ago, Alflives said:

Drunk, for certain.  However I’m right on Bahl.  Guy isn’t quick enough for the NHL.  His hockey career is over after a couple years in the AHL.  Woo, on the other hand, will be in the N.hL for 15 to 20 years.  Thank ?God we didn’t waste our pick on a piece of crap, like 

Bahl.  For the Posters who prefer ?Bahl to Eoo, you can go Troll elsewhere.  You are not true Canuck’s fans.  

I think I like Woo better, but Bahl is big and mean. He can skate too. I think sometimes people just assume big guys aren't fast because of their long stride.

I don't think Bahl plays shut down D for team Canada if he couldn't skate.

On 1/2/2020 at 7:54 PM, Horvat is a Boss said:

Being able to stay healthy is a skill. The top teams in the league usually remain pretty healthy throughout the year. Investing and holding on to injury prone players isn't really a recipe for success. 

Staying healthy is a skill mediated by the context of one’s work environment. Having the worst schedule in the league last year contributed greatly to our poor health. This year, our worst schedule so far occurred in November, but far worse than November will be March - right before the playoffs. Hopefully, JB can clear enough cap space to add some bodies such as Tryamkin, Rathbone, and maybe even Hoglander to reinforce our troops. Also, it is to JB’s credit that he has accumulated some valuable assets in Utica - when we get to March and the imminent playoffs those assets will be invaluable.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

That's a worthy points streak.  

I don't think people realize that Woo can produce and has the tools to be a very effective offensive contributor from the blue line.  Not a 50 pts a year level, but 30 and 40 pts a year levels.  Similar to Hammers and KB3's production if he can make the show.  He has the speed, size and physical play to pair very nicely with either OJ or Hughes in the future.  

He will need 2 years in the AHL at least, IMO l, but I could see him as a full time roster player as a guy that can play a bottom paring with his physicality and move up if he clicks with one of the two mentioned above.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Phat Fingers said:

That's a worthy points streak.  

I don't think people realize that Woo can produce and has the tools to be a very effective offensive contributor from the blue line.  Not a 50 pts a year level, but 30 and 40 pts a year levels.  Similar to Hammers and KB3's production if he can make the show.  He has the speed, size and physical play to pair very nicely with either OJ or Hughes in the future.  

He will need 2 years in the AHL at least, IMO l, but I could see him as a full time roster player as a guy that can play a bottom paring with his physicality and move up if he clicks with one of the two mentioned above.

Why do you just assume that? I'd say most of cdc is aware he scored 66 in 62 games last year and was one of the last cuts for team canada. You dont accomplish that withough having offensive tools. 

Did you not realize?

Edited by 73 Percent

5 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Why do you just assume that? I'd say most of cdc is aware he scored 66 in 62 games last year and was one of the last cuts for team canada. You dont accomplish that withough having offensive tools. 

Did you not realize?

No I knew that, but I have seen comments that Woo is more of a two way guy, that he lacks offence.  

6 hours ago, Phat Fingers said:

No I knew that, but I have seen comments that Woo is more of a two way guy, that he lacks offence.  

Two way guy implies he has some scoring upside to go with defensively responsible. Lots of us acknowledge his scoring, it’s not news to those following him.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

There you go Phat. You must read 2-3 days worth of post to have any cred when you post an opinion. This can be a full time position if desired. :lol:

I do my best... laid up with a bulging disk.  This is my mental health activity... don't ask.  

Gotta laugh though.  I was on the Woo Train and the the Woo Tang Clan prior to his draft.  I know he can produce.  

On 1/26/2020 at 4:21 PM, 73 Percent said:

Did you not realize?

I think some people take that year with a grain of salt because he was playing on more of a stacked team. He does have offense but it's not elite offense. I agree that woo will probably be more of a 40 point guy.