The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tyler Madden | C

Tomato Pajamas

2 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Would you say he looked better than Lockwood from last year team?

That's a tricky question ; they play different style games imo.  Lockwood only played 2 1/2 games last year but I was overall fairly impressed with his play.  Madden doesn't have the same wheels , he's not a bad skater but doesn't have the power/speed Lockwood has.  He does,imo, look better with the puck on his stick and around the net compared to Lockwood.  If I had to choose between the two at this point I would go with Madden.  He's a smart player and while not big by any means, doesn't shy away from contact/tough areas .  I was impressed.

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

No he is not ahead of Gaudette's development at the same age. But he is very close.

I'm not so sure about this.  

I think @SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.MEtalked about this a few days ago. Not sure which thread but I do a lot of reading on these forums and it was a detailed post on AG and Madden. . Sid knows what hes taking about.. 

If I come across it again ill post it..

Edited by WHL rocks

7 hours ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Is Madden really a 4th line type of Centre? Doesn't he lack size?

His father was 200 pounds and had great speed and was a two way force down the middle for New Jersey when they won their Cups, so it's possible Tyler can fill out and get much bigger and stronger and play a similar game.  He would really need to step it up to reach the level of Gaudette over the next 3 years but it is always possible he becomes more of an offensive force and ultimately becomes a 3rd line centre type.  If that is the case then either Tyler or Gaudette would have to switch to the RW or one of them plays 4C with some bigger wingers surrounding them (Zack MacEwen).  Or we use one as trade bait to get a defenceman.  Nice problem to have but right now I just wanna see Madden's development from here on out.  Can he win the Hobey Baker award like Gaudette?  Let's hope for the best.  The Canucks have a bright future down the middle.  Only 3 years ago we had almost nothing other than BO.  Now centre might be our strongest position.

Edited by Elias Pettersson

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

His father was 200 pounds and had great speed and was a two way force down the middle for New Jersey when they won their Cups, so it's possible Tyler can fill out and get much bigger and stronger and play a similar game.  He would really need to step it up to reach the level of Gaudette over the next 3 years but it is always possible he becomes more of an offensive force and ultimately becomes a 3rd line centre type.  If that is the case then either Tyler or Gaudette would have to switch to the RW or one of them plays 4C with some bigger wingers surrounding them (Zack MacEwen).  Or we use one as trade bait to get a defenceman.  Nice problem to have but right now I just wanna see Madden's development from here on out.  Can he win the Hobey Baker award like Gaudette?  Let's hope for the best.  The Canucks have a bright future down the middle.  Only 3 years ago we had almost nothing other than BO.  Now centre might be our strongest position.

Gaudette's Freshman year he had 30 pts in 41 games.  Madden has 15 pts in 14 games so far.  I don't think he needs to step it up, just keep doing what he is doing.

• Upvote 1

Best player on the ice last night, for the full 200 feet.  He's listed as 150, but he sure plays a lot bigger and for someone who didn't go through the us development program to be out protecting the lead in the last minute was a huge feather in his cap.  

He might be a real hidden gem if he continues on this path.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

13 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

I'm not so sure about this.  

I think @SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.MEtalked about this a few days ago. Not sure which thread but I do a lot of reading on these forums and it was a detailed post on AG and Madden. . Sid knows what hes taking about.. 

If I come across it again ill post it..

Ok. I will go look too. Interesting if true.

Edit: I see you re posted it. Thanks!  

Edited by Kanukfanatic

2 hours ago, Dixon Ward said:

Gaudette's Freshman year he had 30 pts in 41 games.  Madden has 15 pts in 14 games so far.  I don't think he needs to step it up, just keep doing what he is doing.

I see Madden as having better puck skills than Gaudette.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 12:17 PM, Alflives said:

I see Madden as having better puck skills than Gaudette.  

Careful announcing the future there Alf...…...players can top out at any time...…...Gaudette is in the NHL, Madden first year NCAA...….time will tell.....

but there is always hope!:)

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Upvote 2