The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tyler Madden | C

Tomato Pajamas

I didn't expect this kind of start at all for Madden. It's unlikely he stays over a PPG, but if he finishes the year close to that then we would have another Gaudette type steal on our hands. He's quickly becoming my second favourite prospect. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Based off Sid's posts, he has been below average in the faceoff dot. Possible center turned winger at the pro level?

He's actually pretty good on the dot. Just a tough outing tonight (EDIT: on face-offs, otherwise he was great) because he was facing off against a couple 23-year-old seniors who took nearly all of the draws for Union. But even after tonight, he's still over 50% on faceoffs for the three games he's played.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME

1 minute ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

He's actually pretty good on the dot. Just a tough outing tonight because he was facing off against a couple 23-year-old seniors who took nearly all of the draws for Union. But even after tonight, he's still over 50% on faceoffs for the three games he's played.

Ah, I seen the 6/18 and 7/19 and thought those were two different games. My mistake there. 

3 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Ah, I seen the 6/18 and 7/19 and thought those were two different games. My mistake there. 

Oh yeah, sorry, I can see how that might’ve gotten confused.

He’s actually impressed me quite a bit for an 18yo playing basically a first line centre role. Of course you’ll have nights when he’s trying to win draws against guys that are 5 years older, and much bigger/stronger than him, and it’s inevitable that he’ll struggle on the dot against those match ups. But for the most part, he’s been good and not looked out of place in these early games while playing a tough role for a freshman.

He’s looked really good actually, considering his age, size, and draft position.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Oh yeah, sorry, I can see how that might’ve gotten confused.

He’s actually impressed me quite a bit for an 18yo playing basically a first line centre role. Of course you’ll have nights when he’s trying to win draws against guys that are 5 years older, and much bigger/stronger than him, and it’s inevitable that he’ll struggle on the dot against those match ups. But for the most part, he’s been good and not looked out of place in these early games while playing a tough role for a freshman.

He’s looked really good actually, considering his age, size, and draft position.

I keep forgetting he is still so young. Also forgot how tiny he was at the draft. Nice to see he is holding his own fairly well. 50% against guys upwards of 4-5 years older than him is nothing to scoff at. For some reason I thought he was a 20 year old. Lol.