The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tyler Madden | C

Tomato Pajamas

33 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

Jake Wise, who many preferred over Madden, has 2 pts in 10 games for BU.

Third line and limited minutes/role for Wise, versus first line and lots of minutes in all situations for Madden. So not really apples to apples to compare them purely on stats.

That said, what Madden is doing is pretty remarkable. He’s stepped in as a freshman and thrived as a number one centre. Putting up really good totals, while also playing a solid two-way game.

Northeastern has surprised this season. They weren’t picked to be all that great, especially with most of their key players graduating to pro, and having to rebuild the top of their roster. Yet they’ve climbed up 13th in the national rankings already and might go higher after this weekend. Obviously that’s been a team effort, but Madden has been a big part of their success and making that team competitive night in and night out.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

And Noah Dobson just 14 points in 25 games in the QMJHL.  The Islanders were looking pretty good at the time when they got both of them at 9th and 12th overall or whatever it was.  

I feel like the Islanders just follow the consensus draft rankings :lol:

Sometimes it pays off in Barzals. Sometimes it pays off in Dal Colles.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

And Noah Dobson just 14 points in 25 games in the QMJHL.  The Islanders were looking pretty good at the time when they got both of them at 9th and 12th overall or whatever it was.  

Dobson’s team is just atrocious right now in the QMJHL. He is actually 2nd on his team in scoring. His numbers doesn’t tell the whole story. I see him getting traded to a QMJHL contending team soon. 

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Third line and limited minutes/role for Wise, versus first line and lots of minutes in all situations for Madden. So not really apples to apples to compare them purely on stats.

That said, what Madden is doing is pretty remarkable. He’s stepped in as a freshman and thrived as a number one centre. Putting up really good totals, while also playing a solid two-way game.

Northeastern has surprised this season. They weren’t picked to be all that great, especially with most of their key players graduating to pro, and having to rebuild the top of their roster. Yet they’ve climbed up 13th in the national rankings already and might go higher after this weekend. Obviously that’s been a team effort, but Madden has been a big part of their success and making that team competitive night in and night out.

Fair enough but if Wise was so much better than Madden he would probably be given better minutes.  I still enjoy the comparison ::D

• Upvote 1

On 12/3/2018 at 12:19 PM, aGENT said:

I am more and more impressed with this guy all the time. What a great pick by Bracket and Benning...I love the hidden gems the Canucks are unearthing in the USHL...

Edited by JamesBlondage
  • Upvote 2