Sign in to follow this  
Tomato Pajamas

Tyler Madden | C

Recommended Posts

Madden was really good last game. In addition to the two assists in the highlights, he had a shift in the third on the PP that might have been competition for “The Shift” by the twins, in terms of pure puck possession dominance. NU spend the full two minutes in the attacking zone, but just couldn’t find the back of the net. Madden made a handful of brilliant plays to hold possession and control puck movement in the zone. Had things ended in a goal, he might’ve ended up with a highlight pack to rival the Sedins.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This kid has been absolutely outstanding this year. His skill level and compete has been amazing and he still has so much room to grow physically. We may really have a centre dispute in a few years considering the skill we have down the middle. Its a great problem to have and this kids continued growth is going to be huge for our cup winning year of 2022-23!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In s re draft Madden goes 1st round for sure, probably top 10

 

one of USAs top players at WJC

leads college team in points, youngest player on team, over ppg in college 

good two way game and leadership

 

amazing pick 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Blömqvist said:

 

I doubt Top 10, but yes I agree Madden would be a first rounder for sure. Great pick by Benning-Bracket and Co. 

 

By comparison to other prominent American forwards drafted in the first two rounds in the 2018 draft and playing in the NCAA this season:

 

Oliver Wahlstrom, 11th overall; NCAA: 15GP - 4G - 1A - 5P // WJC: 7GP - 2G - 2A - 4P

Joel Farabee, 14th overall; NCAA: 18GP - 6G - 9A - 15P // WJC: 7GP - 3G - 2A - 5P

Jay O'Brien, 19th overall; NCAA: 11GP - 2G - 1A - 3P // WJC: 7GP - 0G - 0A - 0P

 

Jack Drury, 42nd overall; NCAA: 13GP - 4G - 10A - 14P // WJC: 7GP - 0G - 0A - 0P

 

Tyler Madden, 68th overall; NCAA: 16GP - 6G - 12A - 18P // WJC: 7GP - 3G - 1A - 4P

Jake Wise, 69th overall; NCAA: 12GP - 0G - 2A - 2P // Invited to World Junior Summer Showcase, did not make team

Top 10 may be a bit of a stretch, but I think top 15 in a re-draft, this soon after he was drafted is pretty unreal

 

Benning and his staff certainly know what they're doing

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Tyler keeps the pace he's going, he'll probably sign with the Canucks after next season. NHL C depth is crucial. Having him as another option (on top of Horvat/Pettersson/Gaudette/Beagle) will only help this team. Really rooting for this kid and so glad we picked him over Jake Wise. I hope he's a steal, that would be nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Quantum said:

If Tyler keeps the pace he's going, he'll probably sign with the Canucks after next season. NHL C depth is crucial. Having him as another option (on top of Horvat/Pettersson/Gaudette/Beagle) will only help this team. Really rooting for this kid and so glad we picked him over Jake Wise. I hope he's a steal, that would be nice.

If you really want this kid to succeed keep him playing in the NCAA. Their development programme is so much better than any thing the Canucks can offer  :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Quantum said:

If Tyler keeps the pace he's going, he'll probably sign with the Canucks after next season. NHL C depth is crucial. Having him as another option (on top of Horvat/Pettersson/Gaudette/Beagle) will only help this team. Really rooting for this kid and so glad we picked him over Jake Wise. I hope he's a steal, that would be nice.

Yep and his overall play will only get better as he gets stronger. Listed at 5'11" 150lbs on EliteProspects so if he added 25ish pounds to his frame in the next couple years he has the potential to be a strong workhorse for us in both the offensive and defensive zones.

 

"A highly skilled offensive player with great active mobility and hockey sense. Through the neutral zone, sets up his teammates with well-timed passes and can do so at top speed. Works efficiently in his own zone if he doesn't get caught up around the blue line or the top of the circles, where decisions need to be made quicker. His puck possession play speaks for itself: he has a great release on his shot, quick hands and feet, and exhibits good timing and habits when tasked with protecting the puck. All-in-all, Tyler Madden is a player with the instincts and skating to develop into a reliable offensive asset to any team." (Curtis Joe, EP 2018)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Yep and his overall play will only get better as he gets stronger. Listed at 5'11" 150lbs on EliteProspects so if he added 25ish pounds to his frame in the next couple years he has the potential to be a strong workhorse for us in both the offensive and defensive zones.

 

"A highly skilled offensive player with great active mobility and hockey sense. Through the neutral zone, sets up his teammates with well-timed passes and can do so at top speed. Works efficiently in his own zone if he doesn't get caught up around the blue line or the top of the circles, where decisions need to be made quicker. His puck possession play speaks for itself: he has a great release on his shot, quick hands and feet, and exhibits good timing and habits when tasked with protecting the puck. All-in-all, Tyler Madden is a player with the instincts and skating to develop into a reliable offensive asset to any team." (Curtis Joe, EP 2018)

Madden is playing well but there is zero reason to believe he won't play at least 1 more year, if not 2, in the NCAA.

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fred65 said:

If you really want this kid to succeed keep him playing in the NCAA. Their development programme is so much better than any thing the Canucks can offer  :lol:

Care to show your math on that one ?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Madden is playing well but there is zero reason to believe he won't play at least 1 more year, if not 2, in the NCAA.

Didn't say he wouldn't. I think he definitely needs one more year in the NCAA to grow that strength and mass I referred to. But if his play is elite at the end of next year then Id definitely like to see him graduate to the AHL

 

He's been excellent this year so heres hoping he continues to progress and gets gradually stronger.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BlastPast said:

Care to show your math on that one ?

Basic addition every one can do … I think the NCAA have developed the following players for Vcr. Hutton, Stecher, Boeser, Tanev and Gaudette. That according to my math is 5 players …. Utica not so much. Or so it seems to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.