Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, The Great Canucks said:

Umm, wrong. He returned better. His conditioning improved a lot when he went down to Utica. The following year, which was last year, he showed lots of improvement, especially during the last few months, which he carried over into this season. So, yeah, actually he has improved, and it started down in Utica.

Was Green Jake's coach in Utica?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Was Green Jake's coach in Utica?  

For a full season. Apparently he would call Jake in for training sessions after games and late at night to jump on the bike and ride. JV was given extra attention the way he is giving to Goldobin currently. Green is an exceptional coach, because he knows what it takes to get to the show.

 

How about that Tyler Madden though. I had to check to see which thread I was in. Madden has the added bonus of being the son of an NHL'r. I always thought those legacy players whose fathers played in the league, always have a leg up, because they are getting NHL training from an early age.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, canuckledraggin said:

For a full season. Apparently he would call Jake in for training sessions after games and late at night to jump on the bike and ride. JV was given extra attention the way he is giving to Goldobin currently. Green is an exceptional coach, because he knows what it takes to get to the show.

 

How about that Tyler Madden though. I had to check to see which thread I was in. Madden has the added bonus of being the son of an NHL'r. I always thought those legacy players whose fathers played in the league, always have a leg up, because they are getting NHL training from an early age.

Madden was a steal.  It’s like JB and his staff can find these super good players in later rounds.  It’s like turning over a rock, and finding a fifty dollar bill under it.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Great Canucks said:

Umm, wrong. He returned better. His conditioning improved a lot when he went down to Utica. The following year, which was last year, he showed lots of improvement, especially during the last few months, which he carried over into this season. So, yeah, actually he has improved, and it started down in Utica.

Every one has their own opinion, mine is what it is. Even now I see nothing remarkable. His Hockey IQ is average, he get's in the odd hit but not that he has  opponents quivering in their boots. Green doesn't see him as a top 6 forward, he get's the odd run in that role but not a lot comes from it. He is a+1 in his +/- which is good. He's 23 come next season. He has one more year on his contract and frankly unless he starts offering some game changing element to his game I can't see him getting a huge raise, and that after all is the yard stick of his worth. The salary he has now is less than Granlund and Schaller and he and his agent agreed to that figure, he might hit $2.5 mill ….might ! Agents, GM's and management crew are not as a rule that far off in values ( Ericksson aside :) ) Looks like Gadjovich is a slower model of the same qualities

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Alflives said:

Madden was a steal.  It’s like JB and his staff can find these super good players in later rounds.  It’s like turning over a rock, and finding a fifty dollar bill under it.  

Exactly why it would be nice to gather more assets next draft. Use this as the final "tank:" year and then strive for the playoffs in the coming years. We have the potential to be a dominating team in the west in a couple years but we need a few more elite assets to push this team over the top. No point being mediocre like the Oilers when we can build to win. Trade the veterans this year and next and then slowly bring in elite prospects to fill their roles.

 

Edler should be traded the deadline if he could be talked into waiving. Then sign him in the offseason because he wants to be here. it can be his gift to the club. With regards to centres we have 3 I can see here for at least the next 2 years. Pettersson, Horvat, Beagle and then Gaudette should take the 4th spot. Madden is a few years off so his arrival should be able to coincide with Beagle leaving. Meaning Sutter should be traded as soon as his limited NTC kicks in. Ideally you go into next year fighting for a playoff spot with a forward lineup resembling this.

 

Goldy/Dahlen-Pettersson-Boeser

Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen

Leivo-Gaudette-MacEwen

Eriksson-Beagle-Motte

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Exactly why it would be nice to gather more assets next draft. Use this as the final "tank:" year and then strive for the playoffs in the coming years. We have the potential to be a dominating team in the west in a couple years but we need a few more elite assets to push this team over the top. No point being mediocre like the Oilers when we can build to win. Trade the veterans this year and next and then slowly bring in elite prospects to fill their roles.

 

Edler should be traded the deadline if he could be talked into waiving. Then sign him in the offseason because he wants to be here. it can be his gift to the club. With regards to centres we have 3 I can see here for at least the next 2 years. Pettersson, Horvat, Beagle and then Gaudette should take the 4th spot. Madden is a few years off so his arrival should be able to coincide with Beagle leaving. Meaning Sutter should be traded as soon as his limited NTC kicks in. Ideally you go into next year fighting for a playoff spot with a forward lineup resembling this.

 

Goldy/Dahlen-Pettersson-Boeser

Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen

Leivo-Gaudette-MacEwen

Eriksson-Beagle-Motte

I doubt they are even lottery eligible this year........if so, just barely.  It would be nice to pull off a lottery miracle if they are, by jumping into the top 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, stawns said:

Personally, I think Jake is one the teams top 3-4 most effective fwds.  He might not be scoring a ton, but man, is he great at other things.  

 

It really irks me that people put so much emphasis on scoring, when it's such a small part of the game.  The things jake does in a game are more valuable than what most of the pure offensive players offer.  Jake impacts the game in a big way, just maybe not the way that garners a lot of notice.

I noticed what he does but I also noticed why we drafted him and what he did in junior, I’m fine with what he’s become but he’s a shell of what we drafted, ima stop talking about Jake in the madden thread now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lines going in the blender for tonight’s rematch game.

 

 

I wouldn’t call Madden’s move to 2C a demotion, especially since he was the only Husky to score in their 6-1 loss last night. Just a shake up of the lines, but I’d expect Madden to still be on the top special teams units and leading the way tonight in forward minutes and faceoffs taken.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

Wow kid is still b fire 

I wonder what the freshman record is for points in a season?

Not sure. I can’t find an official record book, but looking at historical stats, I’d imagine that as far as Northeastern team records go, it’s Kevin Heffernan’s 43 points as a freshman in 1984-85.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.