The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tyler Madden | C

Tomato Pajamas

4 hours ago, R.Dahlin26 said:

Like I said before...he has WAY more of a shot at being a special player than a guy like Wahlstrom...Tyler may not be the best player taken in the draft but I am sure he will pan out to be top 10....at the very least.

The wheels and the hands alone dictate that...but he has smarts to go with it....!

Just now, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Like I said before...he has WAY more of a shot at being a special player than a guy like Wahlstrom...Tyler may not be the best player taken in the draft but I am sure he will pan out to be top 10....at the very least.

The wheels and the hands alone dictate that...but he has smarts to go with it....!

Not sure why you feel the need to disparage other prospects. Wahlstrom was a highly touted pick and probably will have a good career.

That has nothing to do with the Canucks picking Tyler Madden captain hindsight.

• Upvote 1

I love these legacy players who were mentored and coached by their fathers into exceptional prospects. I think we passed over some, who we shouldn't have, but I'm definitely encouraged by the progression of Madden. He plays with an edge like is father, but when John was interviewed post-draft he conceded that his son had greater offensive instincts than he ever did.

I look at that WJC as a huge stepping stone. First of all he made the team, when he was clearly on the fringes of that lineup before they hit the ice. Then he was able to work his way up the lineup until he was finally on a line with Jack Hughes. Even now we can see that he plays the game like Jack in a way that he didn't before that tournament.

He's a player like Horvat who just keeps pushing that glass ceiling well above what anyone thought of him as a draft hopeful.

• Upvote 1