The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tyler Madden | C

Tomato Pajamas

4 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Yeah, bloodlines and wealth give kids a huge leg up and every opportunity, but sometimes the talent just doesn’t pass down.

I don't believe much in hockey bloodlines other than the coaching the fathers can give their sons. It is all about training, playing and repititions. Your point about 'wealth' is well taken. Growing up in affluent surroundings can kill motivation or even participation. That said Scott Neidermayer moved to the Okanagan so his boys could play in a competitive program. Now the Neidermayers came from a well to do family and yet both those boys wanted it so bad.  

3 hours ago, 250Integra said:

I watched the round robin USA vs Finland game in Victoria and was genuinely impressed with how good Tyler Madden was. He played in all the key situations (PP, PK, etc.) and was a work horse on every single play. You can see why the team USA coach often gave him the most ice time out of all the forwards.

I feel like we have an absolute steal of a pick.

DITTO...!!!

So many top tier prospects ...coming soon...!

16 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Watched Petey last game versus the Avs -- "Hold my Gatorade..."

There must be a lot of guys watching Petey...and many of them might be thinking they can do that to...

Madden might just be the only one of them that might actually be able to pull some of those moves off...!

No way Nylander could do it...so in my mind Madden is going to be better than Nylander at the very least...!

5 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

There must be a lot of guys watching Petey...and many of them might be thinking they can do that to...

Madden might just be the only one of them that might actually be able to pull some of those moves off...!

No way Nylander could do it...so in my mind Madden is going to be better than Nylander at the very least...!

Woah lol that escalated quickly. One step at a time haha.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

This is sarcasm right?

2 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Nice to see him have a solid season. 1 or 2 more years of college won't hurt him tho, allow him to train hard and gain stength and some weight. I thought we drafted him at 155lbs, now he is listed at 150?

Ya he's slimming down for optimal fragility.

On 1/21/2019 at 6:57 PM, Rick Blight said:

Madden needs to get into the NCAA record books to match his dad. :lol: His dad is tied for the most ever shorthanded goals in an NCAA season........Tyler needs to work on his PK skills or his dad will retain bragging results:lol:

Shorthanded Goals
Player, Team
No.
Season
Scott Burfoot, Mercyhurst
John Madden, Michigan

3 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Looks like Madden is going for his own records!

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

You can't just look at two players in different leagues and then compare these skill sets.  This comparison is silly

You sir....

Are wrong there....I can do whatever the hell I please...!

AND....I am never wrong about our prospects....!

When I compare our prospects to NHL players...I compare the junior aged (or same aged) veteran ...not the player that he is today....so I am not saying Tyler may be as good as Marner is now, but that he is comparable to a 18 year old Marner in some ways and even better in other ways.

Edited by Rollieo Del Fuego
qualification
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

You can't just look at two players in different leagues and then compare these skill sets.  This comparison is silly

Obviously the comparison is purely speculation.  Looking at Tyler's play and size, he resembles Mitch Marnier.  I am not a big fan of comparing players because everyone develops and matures differently.  Speaking more in general terms. :)