The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tyler Madden | C

Tomato Pajamas

• 3 weeks later...

I am really intrigued with how things will play out with Mr. Madden.

Is he the final piece to our center core?

Admittedly, I've not seen him play but, reports indicate a responsibility in all three zones and hi stats showcase real elevation of his offensive game. 

The problem could be; When does he get his shot?

A Sutter/ Beagle replacement?

Then with Petey's defensive awareness, Green could have his wildest dream granted and could play 4 shut down lines with counterattack potential.  Get a goal in the first couple of shifts in the game then protect the lead for 59 minutes.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Then with Petey's defensive awareness, Green could have his wildest dream granted and could play 4 shut down lines with counterattack potential.  Get a goal in the first couple of shifts in the game then protect the lead for 59 minutes.

Gaudette’s defense needs a lot of work, not sure if you’re talking about him as well? 

Madden’s two years away so by then one of Sutter or Beagle will gone.

1 hour ago, Googlie said:

God no......boring as hell.

1 hour ago, Googlie said:

How many 5+ goals games have we had this year? Something tells me Green isn't a sit on a one goal lead type of coach. Add in more counter attack only boosts our offense further.

I guess to the real question is how is Madden on the dump and chase?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Gaudette’s defense needs a lot of work, not sure if you’re talking about him as well? 

Madden’s two years away so by then one of Sutter or Beagle will gone.

I think Gaudette’s defensive coverage is improving each game, he does need some face off work with Manny though. 

1 hour ago, Ray_Cathode said:

I think Gaudette’s defensive coverage is improving each game, he does need some face off work with Manny though. 

Most rookies do. Even our all star has a lot more work to do on the dot.

Im not worried about Gaudette's defence this year. He's getting used to a faster league and more skilled players in the centre position. Considering he spent most of his time last season on the wing or press box/ plane Im not surprised he's been subpar in his own zone this year

On 1/2/2020 at 4:58 PM, Ray_Cathode said:

Face offs are probably still the weakest part of his game, but he is improving. Won 6 out of 9 against the Hawks.