The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tyler Madden | C

Tomato Pajamas

2 hours ago, Dixon Ward said:

You are comparing Madden's Sophomore season to Gaudette's Junior season.

Gaudette's Sophomore was 52 pts in 37 games.  This is 1.405P/GP so Madden is actually ahead of Gaudette at this stage in his career.  Albeit a very small amount.

Thanks for the correction.

3 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Yes he was but as an amateur scout. It was Jim Benning that promoted him to director of amateur scouting replacing the departed Eric Crawford. Happened around the same time that Gilman was replaced by Weisbrod as AGM.

No doubt,  I was responding to this post, he was promoted because he was there already  

this guy is a gem and JB went and got him

• Wat 1

3 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

How about Steve Kariya = Madden. Played in Hockey East, same size, same stats, lets hope it's not the same ending. 

www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=27639

Steve Kariya played in the trap era. Perhaps he would've flourished more in the league today where many more smaller players are finding success.

If a "listed" 5'8 Kariya is the same size as 5'11 Madden, then Madden is the same size as a 6'2 player? Plus one is a winger and the other is a center.

Why not compare Madden to Gaudreau  instead who is a smaller player (similar to Kariya if they are considered comparable) putting up similar numbers as 19 year olds and also playing in Hockey East? Doesn't fit the narrative?

38 minutes ago, cyoung said:

Jeez man, you just suck the life out of any thread you join lol. 

If you watch Madden play it's an absolute treat, im not gonna make any comparisons because everyone is their own player but his tool kit is definitely exciting.

Come on, if we all just post after post pile gratuitous comments we'd get bored :lol: The odd lets stop and look post helps  I'm not sure if you were a fan when Steve was trying to make the NHL but fans here were really stoked and making all sorts of prediction about future greatness 

Edited by Fred65

22 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Come on, if we all just post after post pile gratuitous comments we'd get bored :lol: The odd lets stop and look post helps  I'm not sure if you were a fan when Steve was trying to make the NHL but fans here were really stoked and making all sorts of prediction about future greatness 

I don't mind critical takes here and there but not all the time lol

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cyoung said:

I don't mind critical takes here and there but not all the time lol

You know that's not quite true. I watched Rafferty last season, saw some thing I liked and gave praise then and since. I tend to believe he has a real chnace of enjoying success and I've posted to that effect continuously since the end of last season. Regretfully it apparently doesn't go down with the OJ brigade, the effrontery to like some one more than Superman himself Mr Juolevi does not sit well, but hey what can you do, call it like you see it

11 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

You know that's not quite true. I watched Rafferty last season, saw some thing I liked and gave praise then and since. I tend to believe he has a real chnace of enjoying success and I've posted to that effect continuously since the end of last season. Regretfully it apparently doesn't go down with the OJ brigade, the effrontery to like some one more than Superman himself Mr Juolevi does not sit well, but hey what can you do, call it like you see it

Iv watched a good amount of Utica games and im happy with both of them, obviously concerned about the long term effects of OJs injuries but he's progressing well considering. Rafferty being about 3 years older helps for sure, hopefully he gets some games with van but if we are in a race for playoffs that may not happen, which isn't a bad thing.

On 1/12/2020 at 1:33 PM, Fred65 said:

Actually Brackett is a Gillis hire

Brackett was hired by the Gillis regime as a scout in the New England area but it was Benning that promoted him into the Director of Amateur Scouting role.

Sorry, saw others already replied.

Edited by Rick Blight
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

Brackett was hired by the Gillis regime as a scout in the New England area but it was Benning that promoted him into the Director of Amateur Scouting role.

Sorry, saw others already replied.

We may never know had he not have been of the staff already Benning may never of heard of the guy, then  what :unsure:

I enjoyed this article about Brackett and had never seen it before

https://montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/q-a-with-canucks-scouting-director-judd-brackett/wcm/17b7987a-0ed1-44bb-afe0-1a9d48fde782

7 hours ago, Fred65 said:

How about Steve Kariya = Madden. Played in Hockey East, same size, same stats, lets hope it's not the same ending. 

www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=27639

Steve Kariya was never listed at 5’8” when he was drafted. He was always listed at 5’6’ or 5’7”.  That DB site always changes players heights. I remember watching him play and he looked like Cliff Ronning.  

18 hours ago, Dixon Ward said:

Boeser, Gaudette, Stecher, Madden, Rafferty, Rathbone, and McDonough.  JB and his crew have done very well with the US College ranks.

Whoever is scouting in the USHL or that region deserve a major pay-raise for the work he did over the last few drafts.