The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tyler Madden | C

Tomato Pajamas

11 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

And Rathbone.

I would think so, don't think he has much left to prove outside of professional hockey. I don't think he's really that far from being NHL ready either, I think a year in Utica and we'll see him start getting opportunity to play in Vancouver.

• Cheers 4

11 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

Watching the few games Utenen's played, I think his game MIGHT translate better in the smaller ice with more experience, he can defintely play in the AHL though. Im on the fence on Lockwood getting a contract unless he's ok starting out in the A. Its definetly not going to be a Boeser Gaudette situation where he joins the big club near the end of the season.

I totally agree, but I'm not sure he will make that jump this coming year. Im excited to see him soon. I like Lockwood's game alot, but contract spots is a thing too. Hopefully we can sort something out!

1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Does that mean he misses the rest of their season?  Would he be healthy enough in six weeks to play fir the Comets in their playoff run?  I think he’s ready to move on from college hockey.  I’d like to see both Madden and Rathbone on the Comets fir their playoffs.  Heck, add Lockwood (who I’m not very high on as a future NHL player) to the Comets too. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Does that mean he misses the rest of their season?  Would he be healthy enough in six weeks to play fir the Comets in their playoff run?  I think he’s ready to move on from college hockey.  I’d like to see both Madden and Rathbone on the Comets fir their playoffs.  Heck, add Lockwood (who I’m not very high on as a future NHL player) to the Comets too. 

I believe they have. 7 more games after tonight till playoffs.

If he’s out 4 weeks that should put him around the halfway point of the first round.

In all likelihood this means the Comets should get him sooner if he goes pro.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I believe they have. 7 more games after tonight till playoffs.

If he’s out 4 weeks that should put him around the halfway point of the first round.

In all likelihood this means the Comets should get him sooner if he goes pro.

Thanks, nice.  Comets have some really good young players.  It would be good experience for Madden and Rathbone to be with that group fir a playoff run.  (And Lockwood too.  I keep forgetting about him) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

I watched Madden played live during the WJC last year in Victoria. Really enjoyed his work ethic and his complete level when it comes to puck battles. I wish him the best of his future, and hey, maybe he plays 4 full seasons in North-Eastern just to bail the Kings to sign with us right? One can hope!

15 minutes ago, TGT68 said:

Toffoli is a player. Schaller needed to go.  But a second and Madden?  This is a trade I would pass on.  

We are giving up the future because JB decided the rebuild was over the moment he made the Miller trade.  I think he’s wrong and it’s too soon.  The value is fair though.  I just don’t like the timing