The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Hurricanes trade Elias Lindholm, Noah Hanifin to Flames for Dougie Hamilton, Micheal Ferland, Adam Fox

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Tavares should be the poster boy for breaking the myth that every time a UFA walks its because of a "bad GM". Sometimes UFAs walk. 

Also another poster boy for a 1st overall pick - or marquis free agent signing - not necessarily making your team "all that".

The irony - the Leafs proclaimed themselves Stanley Cup favorites with this signing - and their lottery win.  Are they really much, if any better than last year?

And second - the Islanders - lost their franchise player/1st overall......and they are sitting with 99 pts - also ironically - tied with the Leafs lol (after finishing 7th in the Metro division last year).

Edited by oldnews
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, R3aL said:

You just went back and pulled a quote, the pages near my comment I recall reading a majority of people weighing in the opposite, thus my comment.

Uh - you were 14 pages into a thread that had a whole lot of people liking the deal for Calgary - and the other poster quoted himself a page or two ago.....

I don't think you read the thread and maybe still haven't - no "weird I'm the only one" doesn't represent - at all.

10 hours ago, oldnews said:

Uh - you were 14 pages into a thread that had a whole lot of people liking the deal for Calgary - and the other poster quoted himself a page or two ago.....

I don't think you read the thread and maybe still haven't - no "weird I'm the only one" doesn't represent - at all.

Is this ur thing? Pulling year old quotes?

oldnews pulls old news?

so I’ll entertain this weird quote pull you have done.

did I read every comment that day in the thread nope not at all. 

my opinion in the moment for that quote was that day I had heard more people thinking it was a steal of a trade for Carolina or an even trade for both over the radio. And the posts I did read were along the same lines if my memory of that day almost a year ago holds up.

Must have missed others (clearly like yourself) who shared the same opinion at the time that it was an absolute steal for the flames. And if you read my post right after the one you quoted maybe that would make you feel better or something cause someone quoted me and I responded to them. 

think it’s a weird quote pull regardless though cause it’s not like I posted now claiming I was the only one who thought the trade was a haul and a half for Calgary.

On 1/14/2019 at 4:29 PM, TheAce said:

The happiest person that this trade has worked out in the Flames favour has to be James Neal. . . His horrible play can be ignored because of how well the Flames are playing

Still shocked how bad he’s been there! He looked so good in Vegas last year didn’t expect a

drop off like that 

• 1 month later...

Well...….

I bagged this trade for Carolina. Thought they goy absolutely spanked, polaxed, you name it... I liked Hanafin.

I still think Calgary improved more. But maybe I'm an idiot. Lots of other guys, I just re read some of the early pages were quoting a Calgary tire fire. Probably just hate?

Regardless >  Here we are. Carolina, whether they won the trade or not? Made the conference finals. They made it work for themselves!

Congrats to Carolina!  And Carolina fan @Rob_Zepp

• 1 month later...
On 6/23/2018 at 11:05 AM, peaches5 said:

Hamilton has been traded twice already. There is something there that we can't see, obviously, that teams do not like. I am not that high on Ferland I think he benefits a lot from his linemates. I really liked Lindholm and if Hanifin can turn it around in Calgary this could be a pretty large lopsided trade.

I like what this trade did for Carolina and giving other players opportunities and Hamilton was a great fit.   Flames didn't seem to benefit much by way their season fizzled and now could have the curse of being the Leafs of West - great regular season team but.....

• Wat 1

• 4 weeks later...