The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Hurricanes trade Elias Lindholm, Noah Hanifin to Flames for Dougie Hamilton, Micheal Ferland, Adam Fox

Wow what a trade. I think Calgary won this one. Hurts to give up Ferland. He’s a heart and soul guy. 

But for a possible 1st liner and a possible #1 D man..... great hockey trade 

Edited by OlliJuolevi
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Down by the River said:

He had a solid WJHC. This deal will be too hard to declare a winner until Fox develops, but in the short-term, it definitely favors the Flames IMO. 

Fox is a UFA next year so there is a chance he could bolt if he decides to not sign. I think Fox dictates which side really wins this trade.

12 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

He had a solid WJHC. This deal will be too hard to declare a winner until Fox develops, but in the short-term, it definitely favors the Flames IMO. 

calgary fans are melting down coz they think they lost the deal (just getting this from calgary puck)

Dougie is a legit top pair D  man that will get you 50 points...they are saying Ferland put up 20+ goals (more than Lindholm) and Fox is regarded like a top 4 d man...just what they are thinking...not defending their position.

Edited by Darius71
  • Haha 1

Just now, Odd. said:

Fox is a UFA next year so there is a chance he could bolt if he decides to not sign. I think Fox dictates which side really wins this trade.

If only Fox signs with us after he turns UFA... :bigblush:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

As a big fan of the Canes, i am stunned that this new management group was able to pull of such a deal.    This is huge and not sure how we got so much back!   Noah was tied to so many rumours.   Lindholm is a loss but what an impressive return and the exact type of players we need.     Getting Adam Fox on top of Hamilton and Ferland too - wow.

Given what Calgary gave up to get Hamilton and then using one of their top prospects in Fox too - I would imagine their fans are less than happy with this deal.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Top 6 winger, a top 4 d-man for a top 6 energy guy, solid prospect, and a top 4 d-man. Not sure why either side makes this deal. Calgary doesn’t really save cap swapping Hanifin and Hamilton. They upgrade on Ferland in terms of skill but they lose Fox. Not sure either side won or lost. Lol. Carolina with an edge. Team that gets the best player generally wins the deal.

Edited by N7Nucks

I like the deal for Calgary.

I think Hamilton is over-rated.   

The Lindholm / Ferland aspect of this deal is significant,

I'm not looking forward to what a guy like Hanifin might look like with the right partner.  He spent most of the year with Van Reimsdyk - whereas Hamilton alongside Giordano.....Gio makes anyone better.

Adam Fox is a good prospect, but he'll have to turn out imo to close that gap between Lindholm and Ferland.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2