The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Hurricanes trade Elias Lindholm, Noah Hanifin to Flames for Dougie Hamilton, Micheal Ferland, Adam Fox

Calgary got better, younger however they are going to have to pay these guys now (Hanifin) and later Lindholm. And they won't come cheap. But overall CAL did an amazing job especially if Lindholm and Hanifin turn out to be what they were drafted for. #1 C and #1D

• Wat 1

1 minute ago, peaches5 said:

That is a great trade for Calgary.

Uh, how exactly?   They gave up a LOT when you also factor in what they paid for in Hamilton and where Fox was on their depth chart.   Noah is a player I like but was nervous when I heard Vancouver was thinking of flipping their 7th for him as he is no longer worth that.   

• Upvote 1

Just now, Qwags said:

Is Hamilton a locker-room cancer?

Not so much a cancer as a player that had no interest in fraternizing with his teammates. That was the complaint again him in Boston. Not interested in the team aspect of things. 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Odd. said:

I don't understand why Carolina wanted to trade Hanifin so badly? They become weaker on their left side. 

He regressed this past season.   More points but not as strong in his own end and some really odd blunders that were even beyond rookie mistakes (which he didn't make a lot of when he was a rookie).  I think they were concerned, with their deep prospect pool, that he was going in the wrong direction.

• Upvote 1

Hamilton although i do not like him, is a lot better than Hanifin and is signed to a friendly contract. Maybe not later on, but it wont be by much. Fox is the piece that could turn this in to an absolute steal for the Canes. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I like the deal for Calgary.

I think Hamilton is over-rated.   

The Lindholm / Ferland aspect of this deal is significant,

I'm not looking forward to what a guy like Hanifin might look like with the right partner.  He spent most of the year with Van Reimsdyk - whereas Hamilton alongside Giordano.....Gio makes anyone better.

Adam Fox is a good prospect, but he'll have to turn out imo to close that gap between Lindholm and Ferland.

Hanifin's speed is huge for Calgary. I am happy for flames fans along with Lindholm.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Outsiders said:

Toughness can be replaced. They can go out and sign Reeves or Roussel if they feel the need.

Ferland is a top minute and top line guy, who’s physical play and skill change games.  It’s like the Caps moving Tom .wilson.  Is Calgary going in to tank mode?

• Haha 1
  • Wat 3

4 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Uh, how exactly?   They gave up a LOT when you also factor in what they paid for in Hamilton and where Fox was on their depth chart.   Noah is a player I like but was nervous when I heard Vancouver was thinking of flipping their 7th for him as he is no longer worth that.   

Hamilton has been traded twice already. There is something there that we can't see, obviously, that teams do not like. I am not that high on Ferland I think he benefits a lot from his linemates. I really liked Lindholm and if Hanifin can turn it around in Calgary this could be a pretty large lopsided trade.

• Like 1