The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Hurricanes trade Elias Lindholm, Noah Hanifin to Flames for Dougie Hamilton, Micheal Ferland, Adam Fox

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Ferland is a top minute and top line guy, who’s physical play and skill change games.  It’s like the Caps moving Tom .wilson.  Is Calgary going in to tank mode?

As much as I dislike him in our Div. Id love to see the Nucks go after him.  Fingers crossed for a Hoffman esque deal!

I think both teams did well here.  I think the Flames have a slight edge right now. Ferland's production is going to drop big time without the wonder midget and Monohan.  Hanafin along with Gio will be an awesome pairing.  Fox's outcome will determine whether the Canes win this one.

15 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Toughness can be replaced. They can go out and sign Reeves or Roussel if they feel the need.

Lol you're wrong about that . There's a huge difference because those 2 goons can't play on the top line and hold their own plus protect their best 2 assets in Gaudreau like Ferland can seeing how hes on the ice when they are. It could be open season on little girly boy Gaudreau now lol

I live in Calgary follow the Flames and hated the fact Hamilton's game has really turned around to be rock solid and late season he was on fire offensively and the fact that Ferland is a very good underrated player and he's much better and more important than given credit for.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Nooks said:

Ferland had as many points as Lindholm last year in less games and Calgary is SO weak on the right side up front. (Ferland, Foo, Brouwer, Lazar) They must be thinking about using him as a winger.  

Hamilton (career +22) had 12 more points than Hanifin (career -53) last year

Both of the above players are RFA and will need massive raises.

Calgary also throws in a A/B prospect with Fox

Do not understand how anyone thinks this is good for CGY.

Lindholm is 23, a center, 54.5% faceoffs and far more upside than Ferland wadr.  We'll see if Ferland plays with a Gaudreau and Monahan types in Carolina.

I like Ferland, but I'd never, NEVER give up a Lindholm for him, and he has only one year of term to UFA.

Hamilton's plus/minus - playing with Mark Giordano isn't very relevent imo.   Plus/minus out of context is useless.

I'll take the 21 yr old Hanifin and his overall toolbox over Hamilton, despite the production at this point. 

Calgary bought RFA years and mobility - I like Hanifin's chances of being better than Hamilton in due course.

I doubt Lindholm or Hanifin break the bank on bridge deals.

I'd be thrilled with this deal if I were a Flames fan, despite the inclusion of Adam Fox - who remains unsigned and no certainty he'd sign with Calgary (no compensation if he walks).

Edited by oldnews
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Ferland is a top minute and top line guy, who’s physical play and skill change games.  It’s like the Caps moving Tom .wilson.  Is Calgary going in to tank mode?

He is a top line guy because of who he playing with.  His stats are inflated and this is Calgary selling high.  Great move on their part. 

10 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

He is a top line guy because of who he playing with.  His stats are inflated and this is Calgary selling high.  Great move on their part. 

Lindholm produced at a lesser rate playing with Aho and Teravainen and doesn't provide the physical factor Ferland does.  Carolina is selling high as well.

Edited by Nooks