The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Artyom Manukyan | RW

thejazz97

22 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

You can get the guy with not a lot of upside though with a decent chance of being a 4th liner if everything pans out.  I don't mind the risk here.

Looks pretty feisty anyway.  I like the shrimps as I'm only 5'6 anyway ( love for the underdog)

• Cheers 1

Meh. The smaller guys other than Hughes (who's a wizard with the puck that doesn't rely on his size) are all later round picks. And in good news they all seem to have skill.

For the last 40 years, the canucks have been picking big guys. More and more big guys. That big guy has hands. How has that worked out for them?

I like having a big team too. But not as much as I like having a SKILLED team....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stierlitz said:

Artem signed 2-year extension with his KHL club Avangard in April 2018.

I was curious what his KHL obligations were.

2 years is good. Will give him time to play against men and bulk up a bit more. I expect the Canucks will try and get him over at the end of his contract. Fair development time for a 6th rounder. Looking forward to following him next year in the KHL. I'm sure Artyom signed the deal expecting not to be drafted by the NHL this year.

Just hope Artyom comes to the Summer Prospects Camp this July. He's now one of the more interesting prospects in the system.

2 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

He is approximately 1/2 of Tryamkin in every dimension/measure.   Perhaps he will have twice the drive to succeed in North America.  

he and Nik could do a pretty hilarious ventriloquist routine. 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Quantum said:

Just hope Artyom comes to the Summer Prospects Camp this July. He's now one of the more interesting prospects in the system.

Due to the new ridiculous transcription rules in Russia, Artem becomes Artyom :)

Old rules: Fedor Fedorov

New rules: Fyodor Fyodorov

• Haha 1

https://canucksarmy.com/2018/06/23/canucks-select-artyom-manukyan-at-no-186-and-matthew-thiessen-at-no-192/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

He will be 19 in June and could potentially be a top player for Russia in the upcoming World Junior Championship. Now you (the reader) may be wondering why you have not heard of Maukyan, at least I was, but then I read why. Manukyan is 5’7 and only 139 pounds, making him a very small player. Now he does have the skill, speed, IQ, and elusiveness that NHL teams covet, but he also has the size that many shy away from (and the birth country).

WORLD JR? BEST PLAYER? RUSSIA? WAHHH

Edited by Rush17