The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Artyom Manukyan | RW

thejazz97

What I would like to see is a year where we have like 10 picks 

like 2 more seconds and an extra 1st or third and then get to pick in the top 1-2 slots overall then rebuild would be complete - like Mtl had 3 2nds this draft and they didn’t go scorched earth full regard rebuild to get that.

fingers crossed we move MDZ and Gagner for a 2nd and 3rd at next TDL and draft first overall at our draft in Van next year.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I feel like I've heard his name a lot in the super series. I didn't realize he's 20 already though.

Edit: Just checked, 4 points in 6 games including one player of the game honours for Russia.

Edited by theo5789

9 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

I feel like I've heard his name a lot in the super series. I didn't realize he's 20 already though.

Edit: Just checked, 4 points in 6 games including one player of the game honours for Russia.

he looks like he's got a will to win

8 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

The guy obviously has a ton of skill, ripping apart that league he was in.

139lbs is something to be concerned about, though. 160lbs, 175, or whatever Pettersson and Gaudreau are, sure. They're fine at that weight. It's very doable in the NHL with a ton of skill. Patrick Kane is light, too.

139 is a low number though. I'm 5'7" and I'm like 180lbs. Although I'm probably 10lbs overweight for my build. 139lbs just sounds super low.

I don't know. I'm not holding any judgement until I see this kid in action. He's a super skilled Russian and it's been awhile since the Canucks have had one at the forward position. Who was the last promising one, like Shirokov?

Lots of time to add mass

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Similar to the Zhukenov pick in 2015. A small skilled Russsian that is a boom or bust type.

He is actually teammates with Zhukenov interestingly enough, which is why they likely started keeping tabs on him.

I have no problem with swinging for the fences in the 6th round. If he doesn't pan out, oh well the odds were low anyways. If he becomes the next Panarin after spending 4 or 5 more years in the KHL, Benning looks like a genius. 

Teammates eh? Impressive insight there my friend. I hads no idea.

JB seems to have adopted a 'swing for the fences' attitude to his later picks. Starting with Abols then Gunnarsson, Palmu and now Manukyan.

Our depth issues are less obvious now and it would be hard to fit all our drafted players into the 50 man roster. Those ELCs can clog up our system for 3 years each. Might as well lean towards the outliers with a high ceiling component to their game. I know I'm looking forward to seeing Kristoffer Gunnarsson ( 0g, 0a ) as much as our new high scoring munchkins !

Seems like a very likeable player and I hope he makes it. This management group loves character guys who work hard and won't give up which is great for the future when you are in the playoffs. That's how the Bruins played in 2011 and why they won.

1 hour ago, Brock Botanen said:

Talk about an accurate shot, and this is from 1 games... wow, I like this pick JB!

Thanks for posting this.  Maybe it’s just an optical allusion but he actually doesn’t look that undersized in the video.

21 hours ago, Bitter Melon said:

Benning really was serious about the ‘speed and skill’ thing, we haven’t picked one guy yet over six feet.

Not complaining, it just shows the direction management is going. Remember when Benning first came over and everyone freaked out he was going to be picking massive goons with little upside like Bittner?

Agreed. Watching the draft the emphasis seemed to focus on smaller speedier players. Vancouver went that route and grabbed smaller guys with some jam too.