The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What ufa's should we go after?

smithers joe

I think we do need a top six center to replace Hank for the short term until Pettersson is ready to move into the middle full time. Maybe someone like a Bozak. It's nothing exciting, but would provide us what we need to get through the next couple years.

What we can't do is spend all of our cap space. Boeser's contract is up at the end of next season and we'll need at least 7+ mill to get him signed long term.

Hansen would be first on the list for me.

I would rather have Roussel than Reaves. He is more like DD for me and can play.

Lastly of course I would want Jimbo to try for Tavares. I think he would open our offence like a flower. By that I think he is at the right age to teach our young guns the goods for 5/6 years.

Oh and Ian Cole would be nice on the back end. He's only 29.

Nash and Thornton on cheap deals if they’re willing to come here? I would keep Thornton for the year so Pettersson can learn from him but we could more than likely flip Nash to a contender for a nice haul. 

I’d like to see a little bit off of turnover on the blueline

edler-gudbranson

del zotto-stecher

hutton-tanev

pouliot-biega

same blueline, same lame results. No reason for optimism until proven otherwise, they are what they are.

and some size! 

Maroon 2yrs/4m? He ain’t quick but at 2m on the 3rd/4th line at least adds some muscle

Beagle 3yrs/7.5m? He’ll be looking to cash in on his big play for the caps. Comparable to malhotras deal with the canucks once upon a time.

Reaves 3yrs/7.5m? Same with beagle. He’ll be cashing in. Comparable to Dorsetts contract. Different style of player, but similar role. 

Komarov 3yrs/10m? The kinda guy you win with. Hits like a truck and has push back in his game. Something we lack.

Term is key to any UFA deals. Money isn’t an issue, we have lots to go around. Just gotta keep the term down. 

Follow this plan:

1. Get a huge face puncher from the AHL. One that is basically done as a hockey player but who seems to be a bit psycho. Pay him 3 million to just play one game. Put him in against Boston for one reason: to punch the living hell out of ratface.  As our goon smashes ratface into the ice he must whisper in his ear...this is for the Sedins. Give our goon his bag of money and let him retire from hockey. 

2. Find a 2nd AHL face puncher. Repeat #1 above when Canucks play Chicago. This time goon, after the beating, whispers in Keiths ear the same thing. Give goon bag of money.

Of course I do not in any way endorse violence.

Archived