The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What ufa's should we go after?

smithers joe

3 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Ironically, when JB signed Gagme, Gags was one of our biggest players, period. 

That’s effed. 

Other than Gudbranson, I believe Gagne is leading our team in career fights. Think about that for a second...

Watch for a couple hockey trades after the UFA interview week opens and we have time to see who we might be able to sign.

We need a 2C and need to offload 2-3 players and see what comes back before we can figure  out any UFAs

Vanek, who has already said he'd be happy to sign a one year, no trade contract. He's a solid leader for the young guns, a points producer, and already has established some chemistry with some of the team, including Boeser.

Much rather see this than burning up cap space they're going to need over the next couple years as some of these young guns start coming into their own.

I think we sign Bozak or probably acquire Tyler Johnson.

Hopefully we assess the pushback and physicality side by signing a guy like Roussel or Reaves.

I thought Archibald was good physically for us when he came back. Played with an edge, stood up for teammates, scored a bit. Probably as good as anything else we'd find cheap and short term.

Hoping Boucher was a Utica signing. We have some guys that don't really fit anywhere. The roster is weird right now. I don't even see how we have room to sign anyone but a 2C.

13 minutes ago, hammertime said:

should have given him a contract the first time we had the chance.

A second time is just as good as a first. :) He can help create some energy and physicality.  Be a good 4th liner if he isn't convinced he deserves to be higher up.

16 minutes ago, Odd. said:

I think we sign Bozak or probably acquire Tyler Johnson.

Hopefully we assess the pushback and physicality side by signing a guy like Roussel or Reaves.

How do we acquire Johnson? With Tanev?

If that is the case then I would rather keep Tanev to play with Hughes. 

Good point on Archibald! I agree.

I'd also be telling both Erikson and Edler that where they end up playing a year from now is going to be all about how they get the job done this year. Edler still has potential he hasn't even touched...needs some motivation, IMHO.

I'm not fretting our defense. A decent mix of experience, size and skill, with some youth who should only get better...especially with Hughes entering into the mix. 

Trading Tanev shouldn't even be an option!

14 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Agreed. I think we sign Tyler Bozak.

44 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

James Neal from Vegas !

I’d like Neal too. Although I’m struggling to find a good option who could be the 2C? Baertschi to NYR for Hayes maybe? Nearly 50 points and won more than half of his faceoffs. 

11 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Agreed. I think we sign Tyler Bozak.

For how long though? He's likely going to get more term/money than we want to give. Is he really any better than Gags?

I dunno. Might be best to see if any of the expendables start off hot and try and package them for a playmaking center.

28 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

That could be one hell of a pairing.  Hughes looks like a better version of Reilly imo.

Archived