• Announcements

• StealthNuck

All Threads Must Contain Tags!   07/25/2017

ALL THREADS MUST CONTAIN TAGS   All threads in this forum must contain tags prefixed to topic titles. The purpose of the tags is to eliminate confusion in recent threads lists, and to create an organized and consistent environment. Moderators may immediately lock and thread that does not contain tags.    Tags must be placed at the start of your thread title, following this exact formatting:    [Tag] Thread Title   Here are some of the most used popular tags:    [Proposal]
      A trade, or trades, for next season, or even the off-season.
      [Off-Season]
      FA signings, off-season trades for RFA's, UFA's rights etc...
      [Value Of]
      (A question regarding a players worth, whether from another team, or the Canucks)
      [Speculation] Posting a rumor (with a source of course), but providing why it could be possible for the Canucks to land that player.   [Discussion]
      Thoughts on team trading strategy and composition.   Please feel free to create your own tag if none of these suit your thread.   
Sign in to follow this  
DudePerfect

(Proposal) VAN - TBL

Posted (edited)

VAN:

Yanni Gourde

2020 1st Round Pick

TBL:

Chris Tanev

- I think this trade has the ability to happen since the Lightning are desparately looking to get over their playoff struggles. I can see Stevie Y letting go of a 1st in a couple years to get a dman that fits their needs to a T.

- Looking at their most recent playoff run, their older veterans on the blueline were getting exposed (Girardi & Coburn)

- Adding Tanev would really bolster their top 4 and add a underrated defensive presence that would thrive in the Eastern Conference.

- Gourde can play an energy game or skilled game plus the fact that he can also has positional versatility would be helpful (C or LW).

- Realistically, Tanev only has three destinations IMO; Toronto, TB, or NYI & out of those destinations, this is the most likely trade.

- Can see him centering Pettersson & Eriksson next year as the second line.

- Bad thing is Gourde is a RFA after next year, Good thing is his cap hit is only $1 million.

- Maybe to get the first, Canucks might have to take on Girardi’s contract in return

Edited by DudePerfect
  • Like 1

can see this happening only if we bundle another propect or two with Tanev

Or maybe we get Dman  Slater Koekkoek, he has had limited opportunity on a stacked defence.

16 hours ago, DudePerfect said:

Adding Tanev would really bolster their top 4 

They thought the same thing when the traded for Mcdonut, I feel with that trade they were unofficially passing on Tanev, if he was or is even available.

Gourde would be a nice acquisition but if we are trading Tanev I would prefer a young D prospect coming back our way however if TBay is willing to give up a high scoring forward and a 1st for our fragile Tanev...you take it and run.

If we trade with Lightning we need to get Tyler Johnson and and Koekkoek.

They fill our needs now and going forward.

Johnson is a top 6 forward and is a natural centre who can transition Petterson to the role.

Koekkoek is a young speedster PP quarterback who is stuck behind other D on a win-now team that has development as a lower priority.

And trade involving Tampa and Vancouver must include Foote coming to the Canucks.

TB is loaded with good Cs; both players and prospects.  They are also in cap trouble and have a player that would be a great cap dump: Callahan (5.8m for 2 years).  He has a modified NMC and has listed 16 teams he will sign with, so I don't know if he would move to Vancouver or not.

My vote goes to Brett Howden as the ideal player to trade for.  He's 20yrs, good size, playmaking C, who has a steady upward trend in his development.  He would likely make the Canucks out of training camp.

Brett Howden for Callahan cap dump and 3rd rounder 2019. Kind of think TB would want a 2nd though.

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 7:51 AM, Provost said:

If we trade with Lightning we need to get Tyler Johnson and and Koekkoek.

They fill our needs now and going forward.

Johnson is a top 6 forward and is a natural centre who can transition Petterson to the role.

Koekkoek is a young speedster PP quarterback who is stuck behind other D on a win-now team that has development as a lower priority.

Koekkoek is too much like Hutton and Pouliot, so I don't see him fitting a need for us. Yes to Johnson though.

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 4:57 PM, DudePerfect said:

VAN:

Yanni Gourde

2020 1st Round Pick

TBL:

Chris Tanev

- I think this trade has the ability to happen since the Lightning are desparately looking to get over their playoff struggles. I can see Stevie Y letting go of a 1st in a couple years to get a dman that fits their needs to a T.

- Looking at their most recent playoff run, their older veterans on the blueline were getting exposed (Girardi & Coburn)

- Adding Tanev would really bolster their top 4 and add a underrated defensive presence that would thrive in the Eastern Conference.

- Gourde can play an energy game or skilled game plus the fact that he can also has positional versatility would be helpful (C or LW).

- Realistically, Tanev only has three destinations IMO; Toronto, TB, or NYI & out of those destinations, this is the most likely trade.

- Can see him centering Pettersson & Eriksson next year as the second line.

- Bad thing is Gourde is a RFA after next year, Good thing is his cap hit is only $1 million.

- Maybe to get the first, Canucks might have to take on Girardi’s contract in return

Girardi would have to be willing to be moved to Vancouver with his NTC. They need to shed some cap, so the proposal in itself doesn't accomplish TB's goals except being all in this year. I think they would be more inclined to move Johnson because he's signed for 6 more years at 5 million and they could really use that space over that duration, especially with Point overtaking him. With all of the players they need to extend soon, I can see Gourde actually being a good value player for them with his route to the NHL, so he might be as greedy and might be more beneficial for TB to hang onto.