• Announcements

    • StealthNuck

      All Threads Must Contain Tags!   07/25/2017

      ALL THREADS MUST CONTAIN TAGS   All threads in this forum must contain tags prefixed to topic titles. The purpose of the tags is to eliminate confusion in recent threads lists, and to create an organized and consistent environment. Moderators may immediately lock and thread that does not contain tags.    Tags must be placed at the start of your thread title, following this exact formatting:    [Tag] Thread Title   Here are some of the most used popular tags:    [Proposal]
      A trade, or trades, for next season, or even the off-season.
      [Off-Season]
      FA signings, off-season trades for RFA's, UFA's rights etc...
      [Value Of]
      (A question regarding a players worth, whether from another team, or the Canucks)
      [Speculation] Posting a rumor (with a source of course), but providing why it could be possible for the Canucks to land that player.   [Discussion]
      Thoughts on team trading strategy and composition.   Please feel free to create your own tag if none of these suit your thread.   
Phat Fingers

[Discussion] A case for Carlson

Recommended Posts

Just now, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Why EK if we already have Hughes?  If Hughes is the player being hyped and possible ready for next season.  Are we better off next year with a Hughes Karlsson pairing next year vs a Hughes Carlson pairing?  

 

Carlson is more durable, plays a much more physical game while Karlsson and Hughes both play the same type of rover game.  Karlsson is a more proven points producer, Carlson is no slouch in that department either. 

 

Plus, as we are a less desirable team to sign with and the bump in Carlson’s profile in one season, other teams will be more Leary of matching contracts with us. Especially with EK and Doughty possibly hitting the market next year. 

 

 

Added to that if Carlson is asking 8-9 mil, how much would it cost to add Karlsson next season.  

 

IMO with Hughes as our pick, a player that can play a more physical role is needed.  Carlson can also contribute on the score sheet.  He could be Seabrook to Hughes’s Keith. 

I forgot we got our generational D man in Hughes.  He’s going to be better than Carlson and Karlsson.  

Maybe Jet Woo is our Seabrook?  He reminds me of Konstantinov.  Good skills, and rock solid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Nope, no big signings for this upcoming season just some economical veteran leadership kind of deal(s) tying us over into the following season for some $hopping.

Edited by 6string

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

they did. The only issue I suppose is how big a deal losing Trotz is to Carlson but WSH has made the cap room needed to keep him. If he does move I think he stays on the east coast. 

Forgot about the trade.  Fair enough, they likely resign him, but Trotz leaving is a significant factor.  

 

Obviously we cant sign him if he doesn’t get become an FA.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I forgot we got our generational D man in Hughes.  He’s going to be better than Carlson and Karlsson.  

Maybe Jet Woo is our Seabrook?  He reminds me of Konstantinov.  Good skills, and rock solid.

Woo is further away.  Maybe 2-3 years before he gets to the NHL. Hughes will be a fixture if he is to pan out long before Woo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Woo is further away.  Maybe 2-3 years before he gets to the NHL. Hughes will be a fixture if he is to pan out long before Woo. 

Who is a couple years away?  :lol:

This guy’s name is the best! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Who is a couple years away?  :lol:

 

Woo, he is on second.   The guy who plays second is named Woo.   

 

Woo?

 

That's right.   

 

.........

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 6string said:

Nope, no big signings for this upcoming season just some economical veteran leadership kind of deal(s) tying us over into the following season for some $hopping.

Remember Boeser getting cross checked hard across his neck?

Nobody responded.

We need some push back like Reaves or Roussel.

 

ps. now we got EP to watch out for too and Hughes isn't Huge he might take a spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Remember Boeser getting cross checked hard across his neck?

Nobody responded.

We need some push back like Reaves or Roussel.

 

ps. now we got EP to watch out for too and Hughes isn't Huge he might take a spot.

Yup both are veterans and economical, to my point.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Case closed.

 

 

 

Somebody had to say it.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-06-24 at 10:19 AM, Alflives said:

I forgot we got our generational D man in Hughes.  He’s going to be better than Carlson and Karlsson.  

Maybe Jet Woo is our Seabrook?  He reminds me of Konstantinov.  Good skills, and rock solid.

Generational? Really?  A bit early to be making that sort of proclamation dont you think? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, qwijibo said:

Generational? Really?  A bit early to be making that sort of proclamation dont you think? 

Quinn Hughes is (already) the most exciting D man we ever had.  In 20 years, other players coming into the league will be compared to Quinn Hughes for skill level.  Pundits will be saying things about those prospects 20 years from now, that "he skates, and moves the puck like Quinn Hughes", much like (today) we compare young prospects to EK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Quinn Hughes is (already) the most exciting D man we ever had.  In 20 years, other players coming into the league will be compared to Quinn Hughes for skill level.  Pundits will be saying things about those prospects 20 years from now, that "he skates, and moves the puck like Quinn Hughes", much like (today) we compare young prospects to EK.

May as well just put him into the hall of fame right now huh. 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.