The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

Kyle Topping this draft maybe...??? Could have nabbed him late this year instead of a 5'7 140lb russian D

Looking forward to being at the draft, but like usual with our 1st selection dont surprised if JB goes a bit off the board no matter where we select. I only say that as JB had Hughes higher ranked than Zadina. Happy Detroit took him because if JB passed on him I would have been very disappointed

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

FIFY

Please don’t change what I said when quoting or atleast cross it out and then replace it or bold it. Thx.

who replacing the 100 points the sedins provided to get us 15 points better in the standings. Who’s better in net or on D 

i think it’ll be a step back while we wait for the young guns to make an impact.

another top 5 pick won’t hurt us.

Edited by combover
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, combover said:

Bolded atleast.

31st  I though weed wasn’t legal till October. Lol

Drafting 31st could mean 2 things. 

We traded Tanev to the Caps who won back to back cups or we just wrapped up a Stanley cup parade down Robson street ourselves. I’ll take the latter. 

23 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Kyle Topping this draft maybe...??? Could have nabbed him late this year instead of a 5'7 140lb russian D

Looking forward to being at the draft, but like usual with our 1st selection dont surprised if JB goes a bit off the board no matter where we select. I only say that as JB had Hughes higher ranked than Zadina. Happy Detroit took him because if JB passed on him I would have been very disappointed

Hughes? Off the board?

Just now, Qwags said:

Hughes? Off the board?

? Hughes is a top pick, Topping could have a good year in Kelowna and have to be selected a lot higher. We could have used a late pick this weekend on him instead.

I would assume take a C or D late is more valuable than an undersized W? C and D have more value so to me would have been a more logical gamble but guess management thought otherwise, they are the pros I am just a fan

1 minute ago, Canuckster86 said:

? Hughes is a top pick, Topping could have a good year in Kelowna and have to be selected a lot higher. We could have used a late pick this weekend on him instead.

I would assume take a C or D late is more valuable than an undersized W? C and D have more value so to me would have been a more logical gamble but guess management thought otherwise, they are the pros I am just a fan

You said "don't be surprised if JB goes of the board again with the 1st selection." That implies that Hughes was an off the board pick.

buffalo will win the draft lottery, but already possessing an impressive stable of young centers, on the eve of the draft they will flip the 1st overall to their expansion cousin and draft host canucks for an expensive package consisting of jake virtanen (coming off a 20 goal, 35 point season), olli juolevi (after a very promising first north american professional season split between the comets and canucks), and the canucks own 1st round pick (12th overall).