The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

There could be as many as 4 centerman taken in the top 5 next year. It's a really deep draft for centerman, at least in the first round. 

I think it's going to be a 2010 Hall vs Seguin type battle between Hughes and Newhook, with Turcotte and Dach right behind those two. Though, it is way too early.

Edited by Odd.
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Expect the worst, hope for the best, that's all you can do. 

Yip...just like every year. :rolleyes:

Really hope we'll get our no. 1C next year, so the whole team can grow together.

Edited by spook007
  • Cheers 1

9 hours ago, TGokou said:

Would have to guess it's only for season ticket holders and be really expensive as they have to quarter of the lower bowl for family and friends of draftees? Just my opinion.

Nope, not all tickets at least it's noticeable that other cities allow fans into the building from other teams, in Dallas they had a couple Habs fans ready on camera for shocks of amazement that they passed on BT and Zadina.  Good for a chuckle at least.  They don't recommend players to go to the draft themselves unless there is a chance they get drafted in the first round, some come regardless but even if all of them from the combine stayed and half the rest that get drafted it would only fill a few sections with their families.  I'd suspect there should be thousands of tickets, not that they'd be easy to get.

4 hours ago, Odd. said:

There could be as many as 4 centerman taken in the top 5 next year. It's a really deep draft for centerman, at least in the first round. 

I think it's going to be a 2010 Hall vs Seguin type battle between Hughes and Newhook, with Turcotte and Dach right behind those two. Though, it is way too early.

You bet, and no doubt there will be a lot of movement up and down as players get injured and drop or don't improve much and others like Glass shoot up from nowhere.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Odd. said:

Jack hughes only plz <3 

On 6/27/2018 at 4:30 PM, Brocklovich said:

He obviously wont but it would be something if he told clubs in interviews that he wants to play with his brother here

When was the last time a player immediately declined to play for the team he was drafted by?

Is Lindros the only example?

Kakko looks like a top-5 talent for the 2019 draft, which is loaded with forwards at the top end. He played with Kotkaniemi on Finland's top line at the U18's this year (10 points in 7 games) and won gold. He also played 6 games in Liiga this year, the top men's league in Finland (where Juolevi played this past year) and will more than likely play there next year. 

Kakko looks a lot like Svechnikov out there, but he doesn't have the extra layer of muscle and power that Svechnikov has. He's very quick down low as he can stop and start in an instant and get moving in the opposite direction in a hurry. He's explosive out of his turns and hunts the puck down tenaciously and effectively. He's not afraid to establish body position and protect the puck as he carries it around the zone. The tendency seems to be more of a playmaker, but he's evidently capable of scoring goals with his shot and hands driving the net. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Kakko looks like a top-5 talent for the 2019 draft, which is loaded with forwards at the top end. He played with Kotkaniemi on Finland's top line at the U18's this year (10 points in 7 games) and won gold. He also played 6 games in Liiga this year, the top men's league in Finland (where Juolevi played this past year) and will more than likely play there next year. 

Kakko looks a lot like Svechnikov out there, but he doesn't have the extra layer of muscle and power that Svechnikov has. He's very quick down low as he can stop and start in an instant and get moving in the opposite direction in a hurry. He's explosive out of his turns and hunts the puck down tenaciously and effectively. He's not afraid to establish body position and protect the puck as he carries it around the zone. The tendency seems to be more of a playmaker, but he's evidently capable of scoring goals with his shot and hands driving the net. 

Should be interesting, but if we are in the top 5 again this year and are unsure about Elias being our top line centerman going forward , we could be looking at a stacked class of centerman. D is much weaker than this past year especially at the top of the draft. I see Hughes as more of a franchise altering winger. Newhook, mind you I haven't seen him live, the reports, plus brief game film, the kid looks really good.

Edited by KKnight

9 hours ago, KKnight said:

Should be interesting, but if we are in the top 5 again this year and are unsure about Elias being our top line centerman going forward , we could be looking at a stacked class of centerman. D is much weaker than this past year especially at the top of the draft. I see Hughes as more of a franchise altering winger. Newhook, mind you I haven't seen him live, the reports, plus brief game film, the kid looks really good.

Interesting. I mean, none of the NHL scouts or GMs think that, but we are all allowed on own opinions no matter how different they are.

3 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Interesting. I mean, none of the NHL scouts or GMs think that, but we are all allowed on own opinions no matter how different they are.

This could totally change obviously small sample size of seeing him. Saying that when you watch him he looks soooo similar to Patty Kane. If Patrick Kane was a Center he wouldnt be nearly as effective IMO. With him being a winger he would have more time to make decisions with the puck, which would take him to another level. But, im most likely wrong. Just my opinion. 

• Like 2