The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

On 7/6/2018 at 11:58 PM, shayster007 said:

Speak for yourself. I'm gonna boo that little butt head regardless of the outcome of the draft lotto. I boo him sitting at home on my couch, I'm gonna really let him have it in person.

I have been waiting for this.

I'll bring a megaphone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

58 minutes ago, Pepe Silvia said:

Anyone else feel like this will be hot ticket event? I'm going to assume they only sell upper bowl to the general public, anyone know how much the upper bowl seats? 

I think you’re right. It probably doesn’t sell like crazy when tickets are released but more and more as it gets closer. If the Canucks add another 1rst round pick those tickets will be booming! I’m interested and probably will end up going as is but if they get another 1rst round pick I’m definitely going!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kenhodgejr said:

Vancouver fans should take this opportunity to show the hockey world that we can be respectful and not Boo every team we hate at the draft. As a fan watching the draft in Dallas i hated listening to all the stupid fans booing Bettman and other teams. As much as I hate Bettman and Calgary and Toronto I think we should all show complete respect during the 2019 draft and not embarrass ourselves again on the national stage. 

Just my two cents anyways. 

Way to take the high road, myself I plan on crushing some beers and booing Bettman every chance I get. Will probably give Boston a taste as well.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kenhodgejr said:

Vancouver fans should take this opportunity to show the hockey world that we can be respectful and not Boo every team we hate at the draft. As a fan watching the draft in Dallas i hated listening to all the stupid fans booing Bettman and other teams. As much as I hate Bettman and Calgary and Toronto I think we should all show complete respect during the 2019 draft and not embarrass ourselves again on the national stage. 

Booing Bettman is just league wide tradition. Heck Vegas fans one year in with no growing pains or bad blood and they still booed Bettman. He knows it’s just a thing and takes it well.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, KKnight said:

I know its early, but who is your top 5 right now? 

Hughes 

Newhook 

Kaako

Byram

Dach 

We need an elite center and more help on right D. 

Everyones list will change drastically throughout the season. Like you said it's too early.

The only player that's almost a lock is Hughes.

Comparing the defenseman from the 2018 draft class was very interesting. There were many interesting names including Bouchard, Boqvist, Hughes and Dobson and debating the strengths and weaknesses of all of them and creating an order of preference was interesting and fun. Nobody is ever really wrong in their assessment and it's fun to watch you're favourites develop over the years.

This year will have the same element except with centers. 

3 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

Bettman is a d bag. They should boo the heck out of him.

As for other teams, I agree, be classy. But Bettman deserves bad things to happen to him...yep...blind hatred is what I have. I hate that swarmy little d bag. And I will hate him even more when he brings another NHL lock out in a couple years.

• Upvote 1

On 7/19/2018 at 3:23 PM, kenhodgejr said:

Yah, I agree.  I'll only boo Boston and Chicago as well.