Sign in to follow this  
Qwags

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

So... who we thinking at 10? Krebs or Boldy?

nope...it will be Jack Hughes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It should always be best player available. Just kind of sucks that there's not really a player that I think we necessarily need.

 

We have EP and BB, but then we need a winger for Horvat. Horvat's already kind of a power forward at centre ice, and so I would've liked someone on the wing who is skilled and shifty. Outside of BB and Baer, we really don't have any "skilled" wingers, and that's a problem. I feel like drafting a Boldy of type player is sort of redundant.

 

But again, it should always be BPA, so whoever is there take em.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TGokou said:

Did anyone see how choked Jack Hughes was? Looks like he was trying to contain tears.

Lol it's funny how people always try to overanalyze these kid's emotions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Kirby Dach scored again to open the scoring in game 3.

 

Too bad he's out of our reach. I'm thinking Soderstrom or Boldy @ #10. 

I told you yesterday.

We have no luck.

 

Who do you prefer? Soderstrom, Boldy, Krebs, Caufeld? I wanna know your opinion.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Grape said:

Lol it's funny how people always try to overanalyze these kid's emotions. 

Oh come on, either you completely can't see emotions on someone's face or you didn't watch his interview after. I thought it was fairly obvious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Grape said:

It should always be best player available. Just kind of sucks that there's not really a player that I think we necessarily need.

 

We have EP and BB, but then we need a winger for Horvat. Horvat's already kind of a power forward at centre ice, and so I would've liked someone on the wing who is skilled and shifty. Outside of BB and Baer, we really don't have any "skilled" wingers, and that's a problem. I feel like drafting a Boldy of type player is sort of redundant.

 

But again, it should always be BPA, so whoever is there take em.

Finesse players? We've got that in Baertschi. 

 

IMO, Boldy is what this team needs on the left side. 6'2 will fill out to be 200lbs+, that plays a Selke kind of game. Think Mark Stone. 

 

My only problem is that I honestly don't know if Boldy is the BPA. This is why I really hate the fact that we've fallen to 10th. Like who do we chose, lmao. No clear cut favourite, lots of boom or bust type players from the 7th-12th range

 

Really sucks.

Edited by Odd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ItalianCanuck1 said:

I told you yesterday.

We have no luck.

 

Who do you prefer? Soderstrom, Boldy, Krebs, Caufeld? I wanna know your opinion.

Mmmmmmmmmm.... Boldy or Soderstrom.

 

Maybe the "safer" picks but I do really like both of them. We could use a good top 6 fwd with Boldy's size, or a good T4D. Caufield has the best upside though. 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

My initial hope is that we land Boldy. He''d look real good playing with Pettersson and Boeser.

Isn't he too much of a puck handler to play with Pettersson?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at guys like, Newhook, Lavoie, Kaliyev, and Broberg at 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely don’t want a defencemen this year. Half these defencemen listed in the first round would’ve been second rounders last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ItalianCanuck1 said:

Isn't he too much of a puck handler to play with Pettersson?

I'm not going to claim to know too much about him, other than what I've read and seen of him in the last 15 or so minutes, but I can't fathom that having too many guys that can handle the puck well on a line is a bad thing.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ItalianCanuck1 said:

Isn't he too much of a puck handler to play with Pettersson?

 

5 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

My initial hope is that we land Boldy. He''d look real good playing with Pettersson and Boeser.

This is where I'm at too. Could still change for me, but Boldy does alot of things well & I think he could have 30+ g 60+ pt upside playing with a good center. While bringing size, compete & a 200ft game. Travis talks about wanting guys we can "win with", Boldy could fit right in. 

 

As far as being a puckhandler. He seems good at retrieving pucks & battling. He's good handling the puck but I've never got the sense he's selfish or needs to have the puck all the time, or anything like that. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Grape said:

It should always be best player available. Just kind of sucks that there's not really a player that I think we necessarily need.

 

We have EP and BB, but then we need a winger for Horvat. Horvat's already kind of a power forward at centre ice, and so I would've liked someone on the wing who is skilled and shifty. Outside of BB and Baer, we really don't have any "skilled" wingers, and that's a problem. I feel like drafting a Boldy of type player is sort of redundant.

 

But again, it should always be BPA, so whoever is there take em.

Means the pick gets traded.... I hear Winnipeg has some right handed defensemen and doesn't have a 1st rounder this year :bigblush:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

 

This is where I'm at too. Could still change for me, but Boldy does alot of things well & I think he could have 30+ g 60+ pt upside playing with a good center. While bringing size, compete & a 200ft game. Travis talks about wanting guys we can "win with", Boldy could fit right in. 

 

As far as being a puckhandler. He seems good at retrieving pucks & battling. He's good handling the puck but I've never got the sense he's selfish or needs to have the puck all the time, or anything like that. 

I've being seeing a few Mark Stone comparisons. Sounds like exactly what we need to play with Petey and Boes.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Finesse players? We've got that in Baertschi. 

 

IMO, Boldy is what this team needs on the left side. 6'2 will fill out to be 200lbs+, that plays a Selke kind of game. Think Mark Stone. 

 

My only problem is that I honestly don't know if Boldy is the BPA. This is why I really hate the fact that we've fallen to 10th. Like who do we chose, lmao. No clear cut favourite, lots of boom or bust type players from the 7th-12th range

 

Really sucks.

Baertschi won't be playing much longer at the rate of his concussions. One more and he's done for. Best to plan as if we won't have him and if he's still around and not clogging up the lineup when he's here, it's a bonus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I've being seeing a few Mark Stone comparisons. 

Also Tkachuk comparisons.

Edited by ItalianCanuck1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.