Sign in to follow this  
Qwags

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

2 minutes ago, ItalianCanuck1 said:

I can't stand it.

I stopped after Matthews/Laine draft. I was too upset.

Sure. That is what i said, but here i am. You can't escape draft season muhahaha. 

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

I'd be pretty happy with soderstrom as the top ranked RD but I've also never seen so much as a highlight package from him and this opinion is 100% based on him being the top ranked RD.

So it is pretty much guaranteed one of Boldy, Krebs or Soderstrom is available at 10 ::D not the end of the world to be honest. Picks 3-12 are very close and might even be interchangeable (Turcotte and Byram might have an edge).

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Yung1 said:

I'd be pretty happy with soderstrom as the top ranked RD but I've also never seen so much as a highlight package from him and this opinion is 100% based on him being the top ranked RD.

Like the Boqvist comparison.

Don't like what I read about this dman class.

So I'm kind of against drafting Caulfield, as his size scares the crap out of me. 

That being said, the skill is undeniable and I'm willing to bet he's one of Benning's prime targets. If we were to draft him, I imagine he'd eventually be playing on Horvat's right side?

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Caufield?

"That's a small body, gentlemen."

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

So I'm kind of against drafting Caulfield, as his size scares the crap out of me. 

That being said, the skill is undeniable and I'm willing to bet he's one of Benning's prime targets. If we were to draft him, I imagine he'd eventually be playing on Horvat's right side?

Yeah for sure, but i can also see zegras because of his versatility of playing all three forward positions.

3 minutes ago, Shiftynifty said:

So it is pretty much guaranteed one of Boldy, Krebs or Soderstrom is available at 10 ::D not the end of the world to be honest. Picks 3-12 are very close and might even be interchangeable (Turcotte and Byram might have an edge).

A top 3 pick would have been awesome, that said the top 12 look solid and there will be a good player and a team need available when we pick.  

Glad the Lanche didnt get the 1st OA and neither did Edmonton.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sinbin19 said:

It’s interesting to see that during the 2016 WHL Bantam draft it was Peyton Krebs  that was drafted #1 ahead of Dach, Byram and Cozens !

He is very highly regarded and I would not be at all disappointed if he was the Canucks first pick !

He has skill, talent and heart........reasons for his being picked # 1 with the WHL draft in the first place !

He plays a lot under all kinds of circumstances on a very poor team so his - 50 and 19 goals wouldn’t be a concern !

Lol.....I have followed the Canucks draft fortunes since our very first pick of Dale Tallon back in 1970 and its very very rare that the team would draft whom we all would like to see them draft !

Not to take a shot at Krebs, but Virtanen & Pouliot were also #1 picks in the bantam draft. Doesn't necessarily mean alot. 

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

"That's a small body, gentlemen."

Was that Burke who made that remark?  Didn’t he draft Johnny Hockey?  

Just now, Alflives said:

Was that Burke who made that remark?  Didn’t he draft Johnny Hockey?  

Nope

• Upvote 1

I think Krebs was considered to have much higher hockey IQ than Virtanen and Pouliot !??

At tenth pick, we won’t be getting the most desirable, highest rated prospect ??

We just have to go BPA or need ?

31 minutes ago, Isam said:

Foote's footspeed is lacking and vlasic is actually a cousin of marc eduard vlasic.  Vlasic is big, but lacks alot in many depts. 

I see what you did there.... :bigblush:

5 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Maybe look at trading the pick now that we are 10th.

What if the Jets were to make Jacob Trouba available

Now yer talkin'.  More would have to be added, but Trouba would be a true #1 and rhd too boot.

• Upvote 1

If Benning can find a team wanting to move up in the draft, I would look at trading down, get assets and draft whomever is left

between Soderstrom, Bromberg or Seidel ??

Or even take a flyer with Alex Newhook ??

11 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Maybe look at trading the pick now that we are 10th.

What if the Jets were to make Jacob Trouba available

I like the idea, I'd rather trade down a spot or three and acquire an extra pick or two or trade the pick as part of a package for a D like Trouba. D needs work and I'm not really sold on the big names in this ufa group when it comes to D.

56 minutes ago, Shiftynifty said:

I would just add Zegras.

we should get one of Zegras, Krebs, Boldy, Soderstrom 

id be happy with any of them tbh.

lets just hope whoever we pick turns out better than who Chicago picks at 3.

that would be a big win! :)

• Upvote 1