Sign in to follow this  
Qwags

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

11 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Sutter has a NTC, but other than that JB would hopefully at least consider something like this I'm sure. 

He’s from red deer, his entire family is within a few hours of there. So I’m assuming he’d waive. Oilers could really use a shut down center like him in there line up and free up the space. That comes at the cost of puljujarvi and dropping down a few spots. 

8 minutes ago, tas said:

I'd do it even without the retention on lucic.

Yeah I’d consider it but. Lucic at 3 million playing a bottom 6 role protecting our smaller youth is much more applicable with our elc raises coming up. I’d consider retaining 50% on sutter making it even more beneficial to the oilers essentially dumping 4 million of dead space into filling a needed hole. 

17 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

He’s from red deer, his entire family is within a few hours of there. So I’m assuming he’d waive. Oilers could really use a shut down center like him in there line up and free up the space. That comes at the cost of puljujarvi and dropping down a few spots. 

Yeah I’d consider it but. Lucic at 3 million playing a bottom 6 role protecting our smaller youth is much more applicable with our elc raises coming up. I’d consider retaining 50% on sutter making it even more beneficial to the oilers essentially dumping 4 million of dead space into filling a needed hole. 

Im for this IF LE is off the books

21 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I'd have them retain less/not at all on lucic rather than both teams retaining, strictly in the name of keeping open the option of retaining in a different deal down the road. 

• Hydration 1

We all are gonna speculate for the next 2 months but IN JIM WE TRUST. Come July 1st, we can worry. Until then, let Judd and Jim do there thing.

2 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

Was thinking our 10th plus l.a boy demko to l.a and their 5th.  Demko is literally the first l.a born goalie from l.a to make it to the nhl.  Would be something for them.

Isn't he from San Diego?

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, tas said:

given track record, philosophy and draft position, I bet benning goes to europe or ushl/college. at 10, the player you're likely to get is going to be in that range of not quite ready for the nhl, but good enough that you don't want to be restricted by the chl/ahl agreement. 

unless a bigger name drops, given the weight benning puts on goal scoring, I bet he goes with caufield. 

That's what I was thinking too. IIRC but I did some research on Matthew Boldy and he was at the same school (Dexter) as our very own Jack Rathbone.

I'm expecting one of Turcotte (if he falls), Boldy, Zegras, or Soderstrom as our pick. Possibly Caufield if Bennning and Brackett believe he can realistically reach his upside.

If Boldy is really comparable to Mark Stone, then a line of Boldy - Pettersson - Boeser would be dynamite.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Zegras/Boldy - Pettersson - Boeser

Pearson - Horvat - Donskoi

(I think Benning signs a decent winger, but doesn't over-spend on the high priced guys)

Ben-Stiller-Is-Retro-Do-It-Reaction-Gif.

Edited by Herberts Vasiljevs
  • Hydration 1

I’m curious to see what kind of return we can get from New Jersey in a Quinton Hughes deal. 

Damon Severon and Ty Smith for Hughes.....?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, shiznak said:

I’m curious to see what kind of return we can get from New Jersey in a Quinton Hughes deal. 

Damon Severon and Ty Smith for Hughes.....?

C'mon now.

Thinking logically it seems like the Boldy, Soderstrom and Brink would be frontrunners among our management group at our position. I've warmed up to both Soderstrom and Brink recently. 

If we acquired another 1st rounder and landed any one of Heinola, Seider, Brink, Kaliyev, Kokkonen, Harley, Suzuki, York, McMicheal or Newhook we absolutely should. Start with our 2nd rounder and add from there, maybe adding in Goldobin or taking back a cap dump to get it done. 

5 hours ago, aGENT said:

Be pretty funny if we draft Knight and move Demko :ph34r::lol:

Give it up.

Baby give it up!

How many threads can you hijack with trade Demko themes?

3 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Oilers are likely looking to shed cap in a bad way. I wonder if they would consider moving that pick for some cap freedom. 

Or what if they offered us a swap. Something like there 8th + puljujarvi + lucic (50% retianed) for sutter + 10th. 

Would they pay to get rid of Luc? Sure. Drop to 10th and add a 3rd, maybe...  

Pool Party? They would be dumb to give up on him.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, YungWee said:

C'mon now.

Severson is already an established NHL player. A right handed defensemen, who logs over 20 minutes a game, plays in all situations, and can score 39 points, with the lowest offensive zone start time on his team. 

He’s pretty much Tanev with better offensive instincts and can play physical.

Ty Smith is no slouch of a prospect as well, who can very well be better than Hughes.

Edited by shiznak
  • Hydration 1

29 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Severson is already an established NHL player. A right handed defensemen, who logs over 20 minutes a game, plays in all situations, and can score 39 points, with the lowest offensive zone start time on his team. 

He’s pretty much Tanev with better offensive instincts and can play physical.

Ty Smith is no slouch of a prospect as well, who can very well be better than Hughes.

Smith, Severson, and Nico Hischier otherwise they can screw themselves.

trust me, Hughes is at a higher level.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Smith, Severson, and Nico Hischier otherwise they can screw themselves.

trust me, Hughes is at a higher level.

Would you trade, Stecher, Boeser, and Juolevi for Jack Hughes?

12 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Wouldn't be enough from our end. 

31 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Though, to be honest, I can definitely see New Jersey trying to acquire Quinn Hughes for sure.

But my thinking is this. Stand pat. If Devils want Quinn Hughes, make them buy high if possible. I can definitely see them slightly overpay if it means they can reunite the two dynamic brothers (assuming they even draft Hughes, which in my opinion they should).

When I say Hughes is at a higher level than Smith, I'm not degrading Smith's talent ability but rather Hughes has quite the extensive hockey resume and is clearly a bit more ahead in his development compared to most 18/19 year olds at his age. The amount of tournaments he's played in, both against his peers and against established NHL'ers (without even making his debut), he's clearly had more experience and knows a little more what it's like to be a pro than the rest. That and the amount of skills and technique training he's had most likely far exceeds what Smith has done (I'm assuming base off the fact that it's been documented Hughes has been in various training facilities across NA). He hasn't looked out of place once at all in his showings with us.

Quinn Hughes is also arguably one of, if not, the best hockey prospect right now alongside Makar. I'm not gonna easily trade someone who's coming off a really impressive first 5 NHL games (the last 2 games of the season he absolutely dominated teams shifts at a time) for another defenseman prospect who's talented in his own right, but clearly not at the same level of pedigree as Hughes. 

Severson is a top 4 defenseman for sure and he would definitely make the deal more sweeter, but I'm not exactly convinced I'd want to trade Hughes. Also, I don't think it'd make sense to right now as well, considering how extremely high we are about him.

Edited by Odd.

9 hours ago, TGokou said:

I wonder if there's a chance, albeit slim that Podkolzin will drop as far as 10th to the Canucks. I think the reason noone has talked about him is because most of us expect him to go early but I do wonder if the Russian factor and the fact he has made it clear he will stay in the KHL will put teams off. He has done remarkably well in the international tournaments and I think he will get another chance to showcase at the u18 tournament. Either way at this spot do you continue to pass with the "No Russians" mentality or do you try to go for a homering pick. I think at this spot if he was available you would have to pick him.

He is rated at #3. Why would he drop to 10?

Plus...no RUSSIANS please.  I really don't want a russian. :frantic:

7 hours ago, wildwood12 said:

Pearson-Horvat-Toffoli

Leivo-Pettersson-Boeser

UGH.

If we have toffoli and leivo as 2 of our top 6 this team won't be much better. I hope JB does much better than that.