The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

1 minute ago, The Great Canucks said:

It was a bone bruise, not a fracture.

Doesn’t a bone bruise indicate a fracture?  

The term bone bruise is a misnomer and makes the injury seem less serious than it is.  A so-called bone bruise is actually a fracturing of the inner layer of bone.”

https://www.tsaog.com/connect-learn-interact/blog/2013/03/06/dr-marvin-brown-on-why-bone-bruise-is-a-misnomer/

Need to let go of the idea that Byram will be drafted by the Canucks. It won't happen. I think he's gong to CHI at #3, so CHI can eventually replace the Keith - Seabrook pairing with Byram - Boqvist. The Canucks are not moving up, because it would cost too much, and Benning feels they can get a good player at #10. Like when he got Boeser, Pettersson and Hughes, maybe he'll nail the pick again. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Need to let go of the idea that Byram will be drafted by the Canucks. It won't happen. I think he's gong to CHI at #3, so CHI can eventually replace the Keith - Seabrook pairing with Byram - Boqvist. The Canucks are not moving up, because it would cost too much, and Benning feels they can get a good player at #10. Like when he got Boeser, Pettersson and Hughes, maybe he'll nail the pick again. 

I hate how fast Chicago's going to get better. I mean Dylan Strome has been playing like a 1st line center since that trade.

Debrincat is also just insane. Boqvist absolutely obliterating the OHL. Finish 12th or 13th and get the 3rd overall pick. Very salty

Edited by Odd.
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

I'm curious which team is going to take Podkolzin. I don't think he makes it past EDM at #8. My guess is DET at #6. They've had some good Russian players.  

4. COL - Turcotte

5. LA - Dach

6. DET - Podkolzin

7. BUF - Cozens

8. EDM - Broberg (to complete the future Broberg - Bouchard pairing)

9. ANA - Zegras

10. VAN - ?

Lavoie (I know he's ranked a bit lower, but he looks like the PF that Jake should be, except he's bigger, better with the puck and smarter)

Krebs

Boldy

Soderstrom

To MTL - #10 and (LD) Hutton

To VAN - #15 (draft Lavoie), (LW) Arttur Lehkonen, (RD) Noah Juulsen and a 2nd (2019)

Sign UFAs Skinner and Stralman 

Skinner - Pettersson - Lavoie

Pearson - Horvat - Boeser

Edler - Stralman

Hughes - Tanev

Juolevi - Stecher

Juulsen

Woo

(Tryamkin)

48 minutes ago, Theguy445 said:

Why does everyone assume Podkolzin is falling past 3? Seems like nearly every draft ranking has him at #3 and he's like the consensus best player after Hughes and Kakko

Fear he could wait awhile to come over to NA, 2 years+. (Believe he's said he's not in any hurry)

And also position, Zadina fell as a concencus #3 winger last year. You've seen centers go higher than projected basically every year. There's 3 good centers (Turcotte, Dach, Cozens) & two of them with size. Then also a big gap between Byram & the #2D if Chicago wants a defenseman. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RetroCanuck said:

Sutter+Hutton+Goldy for Edmonton 2nd+Puljujarvi

They have cap issues and couldn't really afford Sutter or Hutton never mind both. But retain on Sutter and keep Hutton (or move him elsewhere) and I'd be interested...

Sutter @50% plus Goldobin for their 2nd and pool party.... THAT I'd consider.

Edited by aGENT
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, aGENT said:

They have cap issues and couldn't really afford Sutter or Hutton never mind both. But retain on Sutter and keep Hutton (or move him elsewhere) and I'd be interested...

Sutter @50% plus Goldobin for their 2nd and pool party.... THAT I'd consider.

Good point, guess we'd have to take some cap back. I don't think Sutter and Goldy alone get you that. How about

Sekera+Puljujarvi+Manning+2nd    for      Sutter (30% retained) + Hutton + Goldy

Edmontons second is nice and high so might get a shot at Hoglander, Leason or Thomson.

Whomever the canucks pick this year, one thing is certain. Given the closeness of the players in the 3--10 range, and given that teams picking ahead of the canucks will have varying assessments and priorities, when the canucks pick there will definitely be someone there whom they have rated higher than tenth--maybe even 3--4 places higher. Perhaps their choice may even be a total surprise.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, old guy said:

Whomever the canucks pick this year, one thing is certain. Given the closeness of the players in the 3--10 range, and given that teams picking ahead of the canucks will have varying assessments and priorities, when the canucks pick there will definitely be someone there whom they have rated higher than tenth--maybe even 3--4 places higher. Perhaps their choice may even be a total surprise.

Really hoping for Broberg 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Really hoping for Broberg 

He’s one of the guys I’m hoping we don’t take. I just think Broberg is a reach at 10. If we’re going dman I like Soderstrom a lot more. Think he can do a lot more with the puck and has more offensive potential at the next level.

• Upvote 1