Sign in to follow this  
Qwags

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

9 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

I think durability should be a factor for who we pick. Its the Canucks so of course their going to get hurt, but how much games missed is a big question?

7 hours ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

He's gonna go under the radar like Brock Boeser. His numbers are nothing to scoff at. 

I would even say he's far more developed than many USDP players that are going in the 1st round. Probably going late 1st round.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

I think durability should be a factor for who we pick. Its the Canucks so of course their going to get hurt, but how much games missed is a big question?

This doesn't seem to matter no longer as whoever we pick usually ends up having an injury at some point down the road. I'm pretty sure Virtanen is the only player we've drafted that had injury problems.

5 hours ago, Odd. said:

This doesn't seem to matter no longer as whoever we pick usually ends up having an injury at some point down the road. I'm pretty sure Virtanen is the only player we've drafted that had injury problems.

Horvat was injured his first season had to spend the start of the season in Utica

Petterson broken thumb 

Boeser injured back 

Demko concussion in Utica 

Juolevi knee and back 

hughes fractured foot 

Cole Lind and Gadjovich spent a lot of time injured this season 

6 minutes ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

Horvat was injured his first season had to spend the start of the season in Utica

Petterson broken thumb 

Boeser injured back 

Juolevi knee and back 

hughes fractured foot 

Virtanen shoulder surgery

Mccann mono

6 hours ago, Odd. said:

He's gonna go under the radar like Brock Boeser. His numbers are nothing to scoff at. 

I would even say he's far more developed than many USDP players that are going in the 1st round. Probably going late 1st round.

He is an "old" draft eligible, turned 18 last october. So I think that will affect where he is selected. If he was younger he would be a higher pick for sure. Interesting prospect, can't deny his season thats for sure

16 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

I need some help here. How do we know who is durable and who isn't ? Capt Hindsight usually appears a couple of years after the fact, never before !

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

He’s a round 3-5 kinda guy right? 

Never seen him play seems like a nice little project to take in later rounds

knowing us they’ve scouted him heavy 

2 hours ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

Petterson broken thumb 

Boeser injured back 

Juolevi knee and back 

hughes fractured foot 

I meant that Virtanen was the only significant pick that had injury problems before being drafted but this list is staggering to say the least.

2 minutes ago, Odd. said:

I meant that Virtanen was the only significant pick that had injury problems before being drafted but this list is staggering to say the least.

I know it's not in your time frame, but a few of us remember JJ Daigneault coming on to the draft stage on crutches. ( evidently it caught the Canucks by surprise too ! )

10 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Pronman didn't have Boeser in the 1st round either. 

google-'scout'.

56 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Thought I'd mention this as well since there's been a lot of talk about Seider. He's had two injuries  (shoulder?) where he missed 3-5 weeks during the season so I guess that could be a knock against him.

3 hours ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

Petterson broken thumb 

Boeser injured back 

Juolevi knee and back 

hughes fractured foot 

It was a bone bruise, not a fracture.

1 minute ago, The Great Canucks said:

It was a bone bruise, not a fracture.

Doesn’t a bone bruise indicate a fracture?  

The term bone bruise is a misnomer and makes the injury seem less serious than it is.  A so-called bone bruise is actually a fracturing of the inner layer of bone.”

https://www.tsaog.com/connect-learn-interact/blog/2013/03/06/dr-marvin-brown-on-why-bone-bruise-is-a-misnomer/

Need to let go of the idea that Byram will be drafted by the Canucks. It won't happen. I think he's gong to CHI at #3, so CHI can eventually replace the Keith - Seabrook pairing with Byram - Boqvist. The Canucks are not moving up, because it would cost too much, and Benning feels they can get a good player at #10. Like when he got Boeser, Pettersson and Hughes, maybe he'll nail the pick again. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Need to let go of the idea that Byram will be drafted by the Canucks. It won't happen. I think he's gong to CHI at #3, so CHI can eventually replace the Keith - Seabrook pairing with Byram - Boqvist. The Canucks are not moving up, because it would cost too much, and Benning feels they can get a good player at #10. Like when he got Boeser, Pettersson and Hughes, maybe he'll nail the pick again. 

I hate how fast Chicago's going to get better. I mean Dylan Strome has been playing like a 1st line center since that trade.

Debrincat is also just insane. Boqvist absolutely obliterating the OHL. Finish 12th or 13th and get the 3rd overall pick. Very salty

Edited by Odd.
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

Why do I like this guy better than Boldy, Zegras, Newhook, or Podkolzin?

This guy screams hockey IQ.

Edited by Odd.

I'm curious which team is going to take Podkolzin. I don't think he makes it past EDM at #8. My guess is DET at #6. They've had some good Russian players.  

4. COL - Turcotte

5. LA - Dach

6. DET - Podkolzin

7. BUF - Cozens

8. EDM - Broberg (to complete the future Broberg - Bouchard pairing)

9. ANA - Zegras

10. VAN - ?

Lavoie (I know he's ranked a bit lower, but he looks like the PF that Jake should be, except he's bigger, better with the puck and smarter)

Krebs

Boldy

Soderstrom

Why does everyone assume Podkolzin is falling past 3? Seems like nearly every draft ranking has him at #3 and he's like the consensus best player after Hughes and Kakko

To MTL - #10 and (LD) Hutton

To VAN - #15 (draft Lavoie), (LW) Arttur Lehkonen, (RD) Noah Juulsen and a 2nd (2019)

Sign UFAs Skinner and Stralman 

Skinner - Pettersson - Lavoie

Pearson - Horvat - Boeser

Edler - Stralman

Hughes - Tanev

Juolevi - Stecher

Juulsen

Woo

(Tryamkin)