The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

2 hours ago, S N Y P E R S 7 said:

In this situation? I'm taking Krebs with my eyes closed. He backchecks hard, transitions quickly, and plays a dynamic game. He's impactful in every situation. He also has that Patrick Kane and Tyler Seguin-like commanding strength in his stride that lets him get up to top speed in three pushes. I'd slot him in next year.

Krebs was the only guy I didn't want, but you know a whole crap load more than me when it comes to these guys so now I don't know what to think. :lol:

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, RetroCanuck said:

Good point, guess we'd have to take some cap back. I don't think Sutter and Goldy alone get you that. How about

Sekera+Puljujarvi+Manning+2nd    for      Sutter (30% retained) + Hutton + Goldy

Edmontons second is nice and high so might get a shot at Hoglander, Leason or Thomson.

Sounds like Pool is considering playing back in Finland next year, he does not have the value he once did. I honestly don't think what I proposed is that far off. Sutter at 50% has some decent value. Particularly given he's EXACTLY what they need.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, S N Y P E R S 7 said:

Think a Seguin-like skater with excellent hands. I mean, take a close look at Seguin's stride and how quickly, effortlessly, and smoothly he gets around. It's one of the main reasons why he was drafted - and then his hands. Elite. These are qualities you see identical in Krebs. 

Krebs is a determined workhorse that always looks comfortable with his options and creates his own chances. He's a monster, and he's still growing as a player. He gets me as excited as I used to get with Ehlers back in Halifax. A lot of players do, I mean quality of players is getting really good nowadays. But Krebs is really special.

I also think Boldy and Zegras would be tremendous alternatives. Hopefully one of these guys,

I'd be happy with any one of them.

1 hour ago, S N Y P E R S 7 said:

I also think Boldy and Zegras would be tremendous alternatives. Hopefully one of these guys, Krebs, Boldy, or Zegras, will be there for the Canucks at 10.

The chances of at least one of those guys still being available at 10 are VERY good. Say all three of them get selected before our pick, one of Cozens, Turcotte or Dach will be available at our pick, unless there's another faller like Podkolzin or Byram but that's a lot more unlikely.

Edited by Herberts Vasiljevs

54 minutes ago, S N Y P E R S 7 said:

Think a Seguin-like skater with excellent hands. I mean, take a close look at Seguin's stride and how quickly, effortlessly, and smoothly he gets around. It's one of the main reasons why he was drafted - and then his hands. Elite. These are qualities you see identical in Krebs. 

Krebs is a determined workhorse that always looks comfortable with his options and creates his own chances. He's a monster, and he's still growing as a player. He gets me as excited as I used to get with Ehlers back in Halifax. A lot of players do, I mean quality of players is getting really good nowadays. But Krebs is really special.

I also think Boldy and Zegras would be tremendous alternatives. Hopefully one of these guys, Krebs, Boldy, or Zegras, will be there for the Canucks at 10.

Say we do draft Krebs.

I'm slowly coming around to the idea. There are things I really like with him though his errors are the main standout to me they very much seem to be a byproduct of him trying to do everything and be everywhere at the same time which leaves him giving up odd man rushes and breakaways. Overall I think he is a very good 2way player and he's often there to break up a good scoring chance. He often looks tired to me.  

The most important thing to me is if we do draft him how do we get him off that team and into a better development environment. I don't think he should join the Canucks right away. Is there a way to put pressure on Winnipeg to trade him or could he be loaned to Europe? 

• Thanks 1

I'm gonna drop more Kaliyev bombs I know people are sour on this cat I admit I haven't watched many of his full games 2 so far and I'm impressed. I hate watching highlight reels their worthless. He's one of the youngest kids in the draft and he put up +50 goals, has the highest primary pts 5v5 of any draft-eligible prospect in the entire CHL. The only other players u18 to score +50 goals since 2000 are. 

[âIMG]

Pretty neat company I would certainly move him ahead of Debrincat who played with Mcdavid and Strome. He is doing this without much support the next closest player in scoring on his team has 79pts. But he's a -13 you may say the Bulldogs were also sporting a record of  29-34-0-5. This is a 17yo kid who is putting up elite level stats and leading his team in every category and leading the entire draft class of CHL players for that matter and I see him routinely thrown under the bus. What gives. Somebody said he was a perimeter player and now we all parrot it. Somebody is gonna get this kid late watch Tampa get knocked out by CBJ and turn this kid into a super star. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I'm gonna drop more Kaliyev bombs I know people are sour on this cat I admit I haven't watched many of his full games 2 so far and I'm impressed. I hate watching highlight reels their worthless. He's one of the youngest kids in the draft and he put up +50 goals, has the highest primary pts 5v5 of any draft-eligible prospect in the entire CHL. The only other players u18 to score +50 goals since 2000 are. 

[âIMG]

Pretty neat company I would certainly move him ahead of Debrincat who played with Mcdavid and Strome. He is doing this without much support the next closest player in scoring on his team has 79pts. But he's a -13 you may say the Bulldogs were also sporting a record of  29-34-0-5. This is a 17yo kid who is putting up elite level stats and leading his team in every category and leading the entire draft class of CHL players for that matter and I see him routinely thrown under the bus. What gives. Somebody said he was a perimeter player and now we all parrot it. Somebody is gonna get this kid late watch Tampa get knocked out by CBJ and turn this kid into a super star. 

The issue is many people are worried that he’s another Goldy, just with more offensive prowess. He tends to stop in his own zone and give up on rushes. He could very well be a star, or he could fizzle out and be nothing more than a fringe NHLer at best. 

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Sounds like Pool is considering playing back in Finland next year, he does not have the value he once did. I honestly don't think what I proposed is that far off. Sutter at 50% has some decent value. Particularly given he's EXACTLY what they need.

I dont disagree that pools price has dropped but top 3 picks retain a lot of value. The fact he wants to leave makes it more likely he's traded. Put him in Utica to start the season and bring him up around the deadline

5 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

I dont disagree that pools price has dropped but top 3 picks retain a lot of value. The fact he wants to leave makes it more likely he's traded. Put him in Utica to start the season and bring him up around the deadline

Maybe he is threatening to go home because he doesn’t want to play in the AHL though?  I think Puliarvi is a bustaroo.  

5 hours ago, aGENT said:

They have cap issues and couldn't really afford Sutter or Hutton never mind both. But retain on Sutter and keep Hutton (or move him elsewhere) and I'd be interested...

Sutter @50% plus Goldobin for their 2nd and pool party.... THAT I'd consider.

Think about what you would want for Juolevi in a trade.

Start there and add if you want Puljujarvi. 

25 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Think about what you would want for Juolevi in a trade.

Start there and add if you want Puljujarvi. 

16 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I think its a different beast there. Juolevi has 2 more years of ELC left EDM burned all of Poolparties off. He's currently RFA. It's NHL or waiver wire for him at this point. They have no luxury of cooking him like they should have from the start. Juolevi has 2 more years to simmer. 

So......

Image result for youre wrong

D also have more value. And Juolevi's issues are more injury/delayed development related, not  play related.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stamkos said:

The issue is many people are worried that he’s another Goldy, just with more offensive prowess. He tends to stop in his own zone and give up on rushes. He could very well be a star, or he could fizzle out and be nothing more than a fringe NHLer at best. 

He's better/different than Goldy. Goldy is mostly just a rush player, not great when he doesn't have the puck on his stick. Both can waver defensively though your right on that.

Kaliyev is smarter, bigger, better shot. He's good at making plays too, and getting open to unleash his rocket of a shot. The one area Goldy has over him is skating, but Kaliyev is a better prospect overall IMO.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, hammertime said:

[âIMG]

He's the real high upside pick. I've seen his effort questioned but these are young kids, alot of them have inconsistencies they need to work on. Biggest knock on Kaliyev is skating IMO. Otherwise he's a really good prospect.

I imagine if he was more consistent he'd be right there in the conversation with guys like Boldy/Krebs/exc. 

• Upvote 2