The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

3 minutes ago, R.Dahlin26 said:

Yea if we pick a d-man over one of these stud American forwards it will be a disaster similar to 2016

Caufield - hat trick, could have had a couple more

Boldy - 3 assists, dominate 2-way performance

I completely disagree.  I see Brogerg being as good as R. Dahlin.  Dahlin is great, but I think we can get us a player just as good in Broberg.  (Although I am sure Brogerg will be gone before we pick.  He's just too good)  

• Haha 2
  • Wat 2

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I completely disagree.  I see Brogerg being as good as R. Dahlin.  Dahlin is great, but I think we can get us a player just as good in Broberg.  (Although I am sure Brogerg will be gone before we pick.  He's just too good)  

I can see that he has a high upside but its nowhere near Dahlin. I've seen him ranked outside the first round numerous times and Biech was trashing him on Twitter recently. Not saying those guys cant make a mistake, more just wondering what you're seeing that maybe other people aren't?

3 hours ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Dorofeyev is probably the main reason I want another pick around 20. He looks almost exactly like Pettersson on the ice.

I'm a huge fan too.

I hope Jim has his eye on this guy.

I am all for Vancouver taking some Russians this year.

2 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

This makes no sense.  If this is how you feel, then it should be the same as your original list.  

There’s a difference between a mock draft, how he thinks the draft will play out including risers/fallers, and how re-drafts will eventually look. There will be busts and some will outperform others. 

8 hours ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

you know what?

I saw a mock draft were the Canucks picked Podkolzin at #10. Can you image: a player like Podkolzin at #10. Unbelieveable. Jim wanted badly that the Canucks would get a top 3 pick in this years draft because he thinks that the players ranked there can become special players.

it's very possible he drops to ten. He's Russian and I believe he already signed a 2 year contract in the KHL so he's not coming to NA any time soon. I would not be shocked if he dropped. 

https://pucksandpitchforks.com/2019/04/03/new-jersey-devils-worries-surround-prospect-vasili-podkolzin/

Edited by hammertime
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

I've never seen a defenseman use a shorter stick than what Soderstrom uses.  Kind of cool, he looks like a forward out there, makes close quarters moves easier, better stick handling etc but will affect his defensive game.  Good passer, good positionally, not the heaviest shot from the point but likes getting pucks to the net, not physical.

I see Anton Stralman in him if all goes well.

Quin Hughes.

37 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Just finished watching Canada / Finland. Rees was the real spark plug that got Canada back into the game. Love his speed & good hands too. Wasn't on my radar coming in but it was a great showing for him.

I thought Krebs was decent, his smarts & playmaking skill were on display, but nothing unexpected from him. Newhook was decent too, nice shot on the 2nd goal. Excited to see more of him. Wasn't overly impressed with Cozens or Suzuki (not that they were bad). Brayden Tracey had a great game. Not a fast skater but good hands & knows how to score. 

As for some of the Defenseman:

Thomas Harley is a real gambler, loves to jump up in the play. Made a really bad read pinching on one play, & got caught taking a penalty on the backcheck. Needs some work defensively, but he's a great skater & has size. He & Suzuki seemed to get confused who to take on Lundell's goal, leaving him with the space to get the shot off. 

Really liked Korzack, nothing flashy but solid all-around. Thing that stuck out to me was how good he is defending 1 on 1 on the rush. He knows how to separate guys from the puck. I'd love him with our 2nd rounder. Wouldn't be surprised if he creeps into the 1st round. 

Heinola really mixed bag, really like his poise & smarts with the puck. Great passers & knows where the open man is. Struggled at times defensively. I think he can be better. Kokkonen didn't stand out much.

Lundell, Holloway & Hunt looked solid too. Lundell was one of Finland's best players. The 2020 draft is going to be really good!

Anyways next up, USA / Sweden !

Thanks for the write up I wasn't able to watch the game. 

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, R.Dahlin26 said:

Turcotte and Boldy look really good at the U18

A line of Boldy-Horvat-Madden has the potential to be deadly

Boldy's two way game along side Horvat would really make them a good combo. I also see Boldy's offensive game to be like Horvats once he makes the show. Just gets better every single year. Really hoping we select Boldy!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Canucks Curse said:

my picks at 10:

1.Boldy

2.Turcotte

3. Caufield

a line of boldy-Bo-Madden - that is 3 selke candidates there

Thinking these should be our targets.  I would have Turcotte, Boldy, Caufield.  Either way we will get a good player.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2