The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

Have to say with this u18 both caufield and Boldy might not even be available at 10... they are really showcasing themselves very well...

This tournament is for sure going to change scouts / teams final rankings.

Too bad zegras isn’t playing hope he’s able to come back for the final games.

• Upvote 1

Boldy, Turcotte, Caufield are just annihilating this tournament. Hard not to see these guys go top 10, does this mean Dach and cozens fall?

in no particular order really just to show how many good players there are

1.Hughes

2.Kaako

3.Byram'

4.Dach

5.Boldy

6.Turcotte

7.Caufield

9.Cozens

10.Krebs

11.Podzolkin

12.Newhook

13.Zegras

14.York

that's a lot of good players

- man this coalfield kid is exciting, and body is a perfect winger for Pettersson

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

Boldy, Turcotte, Caufield are just annihilating this tournament. Hard not to see these guys go top 10, does this mean Dach and cozens fall?

in no particular order really just to show how many good players there are

1.Hughes

2.Kaako

3.Byram'

4.Dach

5.Boldy

6.Turcotte

7.Caufield

9.Cozens

10.Krebs

11.Podzolkin

12.Newhook

13.Zegras

14.York

that's a lot of good players

- man this coalfield kid is exciting, and body is a perfect winger for Pettersson

I can’t see Dach or Cozens falling too far. Especially with their size and year long performances. Especially dachs playoffs.

but you never know! 

Podkolzin falling i think makes sense for lots of reasons. 

Boldy Krebs Turcotte and Caufield sure aren’t hurting their stock right now in this tournament. And Newhook is probably bumping himself up a spot or two on some lists.

Want to see more of broberg and soderstrom but I’m not seeing enough to take them over one of these high ceiling forwards.

Zegras ranking might get hurt the most by missing these games, just by the others impressing and movingup rankings. 

Edited by R3aL
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

So he is up to 7 goals in 2 games?

Yes, and needs 2 goals to set  Phil Kessel's Team USA record for 9 goals in the tournament. Unless he goes strangely cold or is injured, he's going to eclipse that.

Edited by Odd.

51 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Have to say with this u18 both caufield and Boldy might not even be available at 10... they are really showcasing themselves very well...

This tournament is for sure going to change scouts / teams final rankings.

Too bad zegras isn’t playing hope he’s able to come back for the final games.

If Boldy/Caufield go before us that likely means Turcotte/Zegras is there for us. 

Can't-lose scenario unless they draft a defenceman ala 2016.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Yes, and needs 2 goals to set  Phil Kessel's Team USA record for 9 goals in the tournament. Unless he goes strangely cold or is injured, he's going to eclipse that.

Ovechkin has the tournament record with 14. 

This U18 tournament could turn the top end of the draft on it'e head in a hurry.  Let's assume that Hughes, Kakkoare 1&2 and Byram is almost certainly gone by 10 as well.  The next 10 picks are going to be crazy.  We could very well walk away with the 4th best player in the draft, depending on how things shake out.  There is not much separating the list below:

Cozens- Likely top 5

Podkolzin- Huge talent, but lots of question marks.  I could see him falling by more than a few a spots.

Dach- Not playing U18s,do others who stand out leap frog him?  Most likely gone by our pick

Turcotte- Injured for lots of the season, but has been fantastic when he has played.  I could  see him anywhere from 3-12.

Zegras-  May be the most dynamic player in the draft not named Hughes.  Not in U18s, does that hurt his stock?  I see him anywhere from 6-12.

Boldy-  Strong season, and has been lights out so far n U18s.  closer to NHL ready than most.  I would have had him ranked 8-12 before, but now probably 6-10

Krebs- Very talented, but some questions.  If he played on a strong team, how much better would he have looked.  Another 6-12 guy

Caufield- Will likely dismantle Ovie's goal record at the U18s. How many teams will ignore his skill due to his size?  

Soderstrom- Very skilled RHD.  I compare him to Boquist from last year, minus the shot, but with far better D.  Every year at least 2 D go top 10.

Broberg-  Great size and skill, a strong tournament could boost his stock significantly.

Other than Dach and Cozens, we are going to have a choice of 4 guys on this list.  I will have my fingers crossed that Podkolzin or Zegras are there.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

The only thing i took from the Brackett article draft-wise is that their considering defenseman in the group around our pick. 

"I highly doubt the draft will go one through nine as we predict. 

Theres a variety of forwards and defenseman. Were going to have some very good discussions"

The prospect reports were interesting, I really hope they'll be able to sign Rathbone. Not talked about alot, but it seems like his stock has really risen. 

Edited by Smashian Kassian
  • Upvote 2