Qwags

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

2 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Newhook certainly has some agility, can move in different directions pretty darn quickly.  

And with the puck on a string.

That can be more important than all out speed. Unless you have to beat McDavid to a puck...

He's got great acceleration too. i'm watching the Canada/Czech game right now, and I could see a choppy stride argument. But he can get going really quickly with his first few steps. And his edgework is great as you say.

I'm really liking Newhook alot.

He can see plays developing before they happen, he's got great hands, a good shot, and he can make plays on the defensive end too. 

Krebs is more industrious, & maybe he'll be a better C in the NHL. But Newhook's a bit bigger & he's more dynamic. I have them neck & neck right now, tough time deciding which elements I like more. Krebs has grown on me aswell. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

He's got great acceleration too. i'm watching the Canada/Czech game right now, and I could see a choppy stride argument. But he can get going really quickly with his first few steps. And his edgework is great as you say.

I'm really liking Newhook alot.

He can see plays developing before they happen, he's got great hands, a good shot, and he can make plays on the defensive end too. 

Krebs is more industrious, & maybe he'll be a better C in the NHL. But Newhook's a bit bigger & he's more dynamic. I have them neck & neck right now, tough time deciding which elements I like more. Krebs has grown on me aswell. 

Yea same thing I said - I’m pretty surprised craig said that about his skating.

newhook looks super fast to me so I’m a little puzzled! 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Yea same thing I said - I’m pretty surprised craig said that about his skating.

newhook looks super fast to me so I’m a little puzzled! 

I’m really enjoying Will Scouch’s new “Scouching Report” series. The first one is on Newhook and is a solid vid. Does a good job IMO in breaking down Newhook’s strengths and areas for improvement. Scouch talks about Newhook’s skating as elite and one of his greatest strengths:

Scouch has done 5 vids so far, on Newhook, York, Dorofeyev, Brink, and Jones, and they’re all worth a view.

The Brink one is worth checking out just for the “Body Break”/“Bobby Brink” intro. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

If the draft goes;

Hughes

Kakko

Cozens

Byram

Dach

Turcotte 

Boldy

Krebs 

Podkolzin

Who do we take?

The most common ive seen ranked in top 10 outside those guys is Zegras, or draft a Dman, or do we swing for the fences? 

Newhook or Caufield for me