The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

1 hour ago, combover said:

Please don’t change what I said when quoting or atleast cross it out and then replace it or bold it. Thx.

who replacing the 100 points the sedins provided to get us 15 points better in the standings. Who’s better in net or on D 

i think it’ll be a step back while we wait for the young guns to make an impact.

another top 5 pick won’t hurt us.

I thought that was Edmonton's mantra...

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

I thought that was Edmonton's mantra...

Nope there’s was another 1st overall couldn’t hurt. 

In case you haven’t noticed we kinda are the oilers from a decade ago. Out of the playoff  by Christmas looking forward to the TDL as sellers and arguing over who to take with a top ten selection. 

A big difference is not van rushing the kids.

There mantra was really -  we can hurt another 1st overall. 

We just lost 100 points from our line up not to mention the mountain of ice time those two could play and be responsible. 

The d are locked the net is locked same as last year. Barring a trade but that will be to open space for youth.

i don’t see us signing any “big fish” that atleast was managments message.

We don’t have any tradable assets worth much tanev is about it.

so where do gain points in the standing and points from the players when we were one of the worst offensive teams last season.

id love to see this team playing youth and getting in the post season or wild card bubble and it will but I think next season is going a big adjustment. 

So another 5th overall won’t hurt.

my prediction 2020/2021 the season the youth make an impact and make the league take note. 

But hey I’m no twitter insider so.......

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

On 6/24/2018 at 4:13 PM, ruilin96 said:

I will definitely be there live in person! 

Tickets (if there even are tickets) will be expensive.

Edited by Qwags

On 6/24/2018 at 1:01 PM, Ghostsof1915 said:

Knowing Canucks luck, all our youth with have a fantastic season and the team will make the playoffs. 

That doesn't sound anything like our luck. Our luck for the most part has been sucking, finishing bottom 2/3, falling to 5th overall. BUT. That was just us building up all our luck so we can finally get that elusive number 1 overall pick and reunite our Quintin Hughes with his brother Jack. Draft is in our home ice. This HAS to be the year, right? :(

15 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

That doesn't sound anything like our luck. Our luck for the most part has been sucking, finishing bottom 2/3, falling to 5th overall. BUT. That was just us building up all our luck so we can finally get that elusive number 1 overall pick and reunite our Quintin Hughes with his brother Jack. Draft is in our home ice. This HAS to be the year, right? :(

Expect the worst, hope for the best, that's all you can do. 

On 2018-06-25 at 12:52 AM, Deathbyoompa said:

What I would really enjoy is for van to be bubble team and, then jump everybody for the number 1 pick. 

Yup, sure would be nice to be one of those teams that finishes +/- 10th and jumps up in to the top 3...

We'll see what the hockey gods have in store in 11'ish months!

7 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Yup, sure would be nice to be one of those teams that finishes +/- 10th and jumps up in to the top 3...

We'll see what the hockey gods have in store in 11'ish months!

That's really the only way I ever see the Canucks win the lottery.

On 24/06/2018 at 1:50 PM, Where's Wellwood said:

How often does a city host the world juniors and the draft in the same season?

We get the 2019 World Juniors (this December/January) then the 2019 draft. 

Funny enough you mentioned that because Vancouver last hosted the World Juniors and the NHL Entry Draft in 2006.

• Haha 4

On 6/24/2018 at 1:01 PM, Ghostsof1915 said:

Knowing Canucks luck, all our youth with have a fantastic season and the team will make the playoffs. 

That's not a bad thing. That means our young guys have taken enormous steps.

Is it possible for this to be pinned? Has enough time passed that we can discuss next year's draft in full?

10 hours ago, jobird said:

I don't think it was ever answered in another thread, but does anyone have an idea of how you can get tix for the draft?  Or when they typically go on sale?

It is likely they won't announce anything until much later in the season, possibly even a month before the draft itself.