The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Don’t trade Woo or Lind either.  

Agreed.

Was just thinking though, if we were to get 8th OA in a Lucic trade. How many of you would be willing to trade 10th down to select Seider and grab 2 more 2nds? or a 2nd and a 3rd. Seider seems like the real deal and exactly the type of partner we would want with Huges.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Seannnp said:

Agreed.

Was just thinking though, if we were to get 8th OA in a Lucic trade. How many of you would be willing to trade 10th down to select Seider and grab 2 more 2nds? or a 2nd and a 3rd. Seider seems like the real deal and exactly the type of partner we would want with Huges.

I’d just take Seider at ten and not chance someone else taking him.

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

we need to trade sutter tanev and baertchi  hutton for a bunch picks opens up 15 mill in cap    then trade eriksson   for lucic and a 2nd 

then draft seider and  broberg

vastly different team 

pearson petey boeser

leivo horvat goldobin

lucic gaudette virtanen

mcewen beagle motte 

hughes stecher

edler seider 

juolevi broberg

marky

demko

Bo's line is awful

3rd line is mismatched

4 rookies on defence.

Canucks in top 3 for next year's draft!

All kidding aside, I think the ufa market has a player that can help Bo's line and a rd that can support Hughes (other than Schenn who should only play 6/7th d).

I don't see the Oil trading Lucic for Eriksson.  They desperately need to rid themselves of cap.  This doesn't do it.  I don't think they trade their 1st to rid themselves of him either. 

50 minutes ago, Seannnp said:

If we could get the 8th and 10th OA, that would be like winning the draft lottery for me.

Podkolzin

Newhook/Krebs/Boldy. We absolutely would be set for the next decade. Although prefer Krebs or Newhook ahead of Boldy.

Podkolzin Pettersson Boeser

Krebs Horvat ???

Boldy        Pettersson   Boeser

Pearson.   Horvat         Podkolzin 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, drummerboy said:

Gotta fully disagree.  

That dcorps is not far superior at all. 

It is identical to what we ended with last year.   It’s garbage.    Why do we want to continue on with the same crap hoping it gets better.  

Yes, Quinn helps, but only so much.  The kid has ALOT of developing to go.  

We we need to upgrade big time if we want to see any improvement.  

I think Quinn is a big upgrade I think we just need an additional medium upgrade. On the right possibly Woo

Edler Tanev 

Quinn ________Woo? 

Hutton Stetcher

Juolevi Bro

Teves Schenn

Biega

Add in possibly Tryamkin next year not too terrible. 

5 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

You think everyone to hold a stick is elite.

Especially when we draft them!

true enough though.  Pretty much every guy who even plays just one NHL game is an elite hockey player.  

• Cheers 1

59 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I think Quinn is a big upgrade I think we just need an additional medium upgrade. On the right possibly Woo

Edler Tanev 

Quinn ________Woo? 

Hutton Stetcher

Juolevi Bro

Teves Schenn

Biega

Add in possibly Tryamkin next year not too terrible. 

Woo wont be ready this coming season. Hopefully the one after though when Tryamkin may come back as well (doubt he does this offseason).

Unfortunately for many fans the d-corp may look very similar to the end of last season. But with a promising future backend its hard to complain about another transitional season. Seider would be a great add.

Hughes-Seider

Juolevi-Woo

Tryamkin-Stecher

Rathbone-Rafferty

Brisebois-Chatfield

• Upvote 1

Seiders performed well but would be too much of a safe selection imo

Ville Heinola is the way to go for Euro defenders. He's outperformed Miro Heiskanen offensively in his draft year.

He might be the 2nd defenseman selected after Byram.

EUROD.png

https://cleverpuck.com/cleverpicks-2019-nhl-dmen-prospects/

Seider is however touted as a well rounded defensive prospect. But I think we would regret not drafting Heinola. Some shades of Heiskanen and some shades of Valimaki. Can't really go wrong. He's performed well and 10 is a good spot to reach for whoever the Canucks think is the 2nd best defenseman taken in the draft. He might not even be available at 10 but if he is we would be lucky to draft him.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Zfetch said:

Seiders performed well but would be too much of a safe selection imo

Ville Heinola is the way to go for Euro defenders. He's outperformed Miro Heiskanen offensively in his draft year.

He might be the 2nd defenseman selected after Byram.

EUROD.png

https://cleverpuck.com/cleverpicks-2019-nhl-dmen-prospects/

Seider is however touted as a well rounded defensive prospect. But I think we would regret not drafting Heinola. Some shades of Heiskanen and some shades of Valimaki. Can't really go wrong. He's performed well and 10 is a good spot to reach for whoever the Canucks think is the 2nd best defenseman taken in the draft. He might not even be available at 10 but if he is we would be lucky to draft him.

Anaheim is a sneaky team when it comes to drafting guys like that (like when they "reached" for Hampus Lindholm at 6). You're right in that he may not be there at our pick.

Most people/posters/analysts seem to have more or less the same generic list of top-10 talent for the draft, but just like every year, things tend to shape up quite differently because teams feel differently about certain players.

On a lighter note, given my Finnish bias (because my gf is Finnish and overall, I've always just loved those pesky Finns) I'd be fairly okay with picking Heinola at 10 - and Puistola at 40. :P

Edited by Herberts Vasiljevs
  • Upvote 2

seider with better size, plays the right side, good mobility and a better two way game than heinola makes met think seider is a better pick, but heinola looks good too, heinola seems like a very similar player to hughes

a d corp of roughly

Hughes - seider

tryamkin- stecher

hutton/juolevi - woo

looks pretty good depth in the prospect pool

Edited by Canucks Curse

9 hours ago, aGENT said:

Imagine if he also managed to nab Puljujarvi :lol:

Puljujarvi, one of Boldy/Dach/Turcotte/Krebs etc, and Seider....

Yeah, I'd be ok with that :wub:

To Van: Lucic, Puljujarvi, 8th overall

To Edm: Eriksson, Goldobin, 10th overall 

8 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

As a rebuilding team and wanting to present their new GM (Holland), EDM won't want to trade their 1st just to get rid of Lucic's contract. Holland could probably make a trade and get assets in return. Moving up 2 spots in the draft is expensive. It would probably cost us taking on Lucic's contract just to move up the 2 spots, plus our #10. Just my opinion.

If so its a hard no....

6 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Boldy        Pettersson   Boeser

Pearson.   Horvat         Podkolzin 

Tasty...without a doubt...

Still have to upgrade our D-core though... 

Will find it hard to leave one of the D's if we have those two picks.

However all depends if Benning has an ace up his sleeve, for how to improve our D core.

Seider will be the biggest riser of the draft. I can see him go to Anaheim at 9. 

If I had to choose between Seider, Broberg, Soderstrom, York, or Harley, I would go with Seider for the Canucks.

Edited by Darkstar
  • Cheers 1