The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

18 hours ago, Seannnp said:

Agreed.

Was just thinking though, if we were to get 8th OA in a Lucic trade. How many of you would be willing to trade 10th down to select Seider and grab 2 more 2nds? or a 2nd and a 3rd. Seider seems like the real deal and exactly the type of partner we would want with Huges.

Think Seider will go in top 20 if not top 15... Selling himself very well at the worlds...

To be honest if we had 8 and 10, i think we should use one on F and one on D... And Seider would definitely be in contention with Harley, Heinola and Soderstrom... Size being the draw for me.... (not sold on Broberg)...

Edited by spook007

4 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I think Seider goes between 10-20. Very intriguing prospect, but I think there's valid questions of what his NHL upside is.

I am interested to see how he does as competition ramps up. Germany is likely to make to the quarter finals with 9 points through 3 games so far. 

• Upvote 4

Benning did mention that they are looking to add another mobile Dman. So, who are those players in the #10 range?

(RD) Soderstrom

(LD) York

(LD) Harley

I think we're getting one of these guys. I'm also hoping they can nab Hoglander or Grewe with the 2nd.

20 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

I am interested to see how he does as competition ramps up. Germany is likely to make to the quarter finals with 9 points through 3 games so far. 

Same here, I am looking to how he performs against the powerhouses. He looked really good jumping into the rush for his second goal of the tournament against France and even showed some hands. I noticed his straight away speed was quite good which allowed him to pull away from the forward but he also had a couple steps on him to begin with. I personally think his offense is quite good and is not strictly the defensive defenseman that others have been labeling him as. If he is selected by the Canucks I think he should spend one more year in the DEL before coming over as this will help his offensive development playing in a relatively high scoring league (for a professional league).

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, TGokou said:

Same here, I am looking to how he performs against the powerhouses. He looked really good jumping into the rush for his second goal of the tournament against France and even showed some hands. I noticed his straight away speed was quite good which allowed him to pull away from the forward but he also had a couple steps on him to begin with. I personally think his offense is quite good and is not strictly the defensive defenseman that others have been labeling him as. If he is selected by the Canucks I think he should spend one more year in the DEL before coming over as this will help his offensive development playing in a relatively high scoring league (for a professional league).

Ya either that or North America. His DEL team is very good they won the championship and have like 8 players who have played in the NHL on it, including Marcel Goc.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, appleboy said:

Would you move Demko to the Oilers for something that included their first round pick? Or just their #8 pick.

In conference, I'd say no. But I am pretty high on Demko still so my valuation of him may be too high. It'd really depend on who is at 8. I know we love the wingers of the draft, but Demko has shown signs of being potentially elite. I'm too scared to gamble his potential for that of a winger. But that might just be me.

Worked in our favor for Bo, i think for the right deal, it should be considered. Oilers dumpster fire that it is may run down his stats to a point where we can get him back for cheap later.  He'll certainly see a lot of rubber there.

On 5/14/2019 at 9:59 AM, Blömqvist said:

I wonder if EDM and VAN would consider swapping the 8th and 10th overall picks along with Lucic and Eriksson, respectively. Recent events has Lucic being open to play for VAN in the near future and Eriksson not in agreement with coach Green. EDM would save on the 1 year of the contract (Lucic w/ 4 yrs @ $6M vs Eriksson w/ 3 yrs @ $6M) and VAN would jump up two spots, guaranteeing that one of the top-rated forwards are available.

Hughes/Kakko/Byram form the top 3.

That would mean that one of Dach/Turcotte/Boldy/Cozens/Podkolzin would be available for the Canucks as pick 8 should VAN and EDM swap picks as proposed.

they'd have to add a lot more than that, like pool party.  the difference between players at #8 and #10 are negligible and Lucic's contract is much worse than LE's and his play play is not nearly as good.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/13/2019 at 2:44 PM, N7Nucks said:

There’s absolutely 0 chance NYR would pass on Hughes. American, Consensus number 1 pretty much all year. American. Did I mention American? 

I dunno, I could see JH falling a bit.  He got a pass at the WJHC for being injured, but if he's being outshined by Kakko at the WHC and Byram led the WHL in playoff scoring as a 17 dman, that doesn't bode well for JH.........I can see him dropping to #3.

Lucic will be 31 when next season starts. Last year in 79 games he produced 6-14=20 points (-9) - not good, but remember, EDM ruins players

Eriksson will be 34 when next season starts. Last year in 81 games he produced 11-18=29 points (-11) - not good

Pretty similar production, but Loui is also 3 years older. Forget the contract for a minute What would Lucic provide? Say goodbye to being the league's punching bag. Pettersson and Hughes would be protected (even the intimidation factor would sway opponents from taking liberties). He's not very fast, but he's big, and I imagine would clog the front of the net nicely. He's from here, and knows his time is short in the league, so I would guess he would give his all playing for the home team.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, stawns said:

I dunno, I could see JH falling a bit.  He got a pass at the WJHC for being injured, but if he's being outshined by Kakko at the WHC and Byram led the WHL in playoff scoring as a 17 dman, that doesn't bode well for JH.........I can see him dropping to #3.

Their success shouldn’t diminish his talent. Yeah they improved their stock but Hughes is still an undeniable talent. Recency bias shouldn’t knock him outta the top 2.

5 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Their success shouldn’t diminish his talent. Yeah they improved their stock but Hughes is still an undeniable talent. Recency bias shouldn’t knock him outta the top 2.

it doesn't diminish his talent, I agree.  But, it could vault them past JH quite easily.  If he had dominated the WJHC, I'd agree, but Kakko clearly shone in that tourney and got a pass due to injury.  Now he's healthy and has been pretty ineffective, whereas kakko is still shining against some of the best players in the world.  Byram jumping over him might be a longshot, but I think kakko has.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

Seider is a potential Eric Gudbranson

= not a sure thing 

too many forwards that are a sure thing available at our pick 

like many people have said some players outside of the top ten will go earlier then expected and some very good players will be available 

Seider skates way better than Guddy.  Plus, Seider has way better puck skills, and hockey sense.  Seider would be a better comparable to Big Buff than Guddy.  He's got the physical snarl, and skills. 

• Upvote 1