Sign in to follow this  
Qwags

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Just now, Alflives said:

I loved (and hated) Theo.  But Theo could fly!  Guy could really skate, and was tough as they come.  Caufield's biggest concern, beyond he's tiny, is his skating.  How many little guys, who have skating issues, play in the NHL?  I think it's none.  

I agree, if Caufield was fast as lightning, then that would really benefit him with the limited time and space he'll have.

I've been impressed with the size and speed of some players, Podkolzin, Broberg and Seider to name a few. Boldy seems to me, to be a future playoff guy. He has some size and good hands, smart. Zegras is a bit of a chippy player, but he could also be a good player. He has elite passing skills, and he could be a good fit with Bo. I think Krebs is going to be a star player.

18 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

51fLK3M2YeL._SX384_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

45 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Soderberg.  Maybe both?  

Where is he in the rankings?  I haven't seen a Soderberg mentioned until now.

If he meant Soderstrom, he's dead wrong in his assessment.

• Hydration 1

I haven't seen much of Soderstrom's play in games. I watched the U18 tournament, but I believe he was injured early in the tournament, so never really got to see him. I understand he's not a very big player, but has really good skating and smart. I'm guessing he's more of a mobile, offensive Dman? If so, then it wouldn't make sense to pair him with Hughes. Hughes needs a big bodies, defensive Dman as a partner. Maybe Woo in a few years? Or maybe Tryamkin comes back? Or maybe pair him with Broberg or Seider? If Benning does take Soderstrom, and Tryamkin comes back. I suspect the future Top 4 would be:

Tryamkin - Hughes

Juolevi - Soderstrom

Woo

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

Where is he in the rankings?  I haven't seen a Soderberg mentioned until now.

If he meant Soderstrom, he's dead wrong in his assessment.

He clearly mixed the two players - Soderstrom and Broberg - together.  Considering each of their skill sets, if they were put together the player would be great!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, artemchubarov said:

If Benning was smart he'd offer up our first this year plus Edlers contract to get Byram. 

Edlers contract??

More like: Di Pietro, Virtannen or Guadette, 10th  for

3rd + Seabrook contract 

4 minutes ago, artemchubarov said:

If Benning was smart he'd offer up our first this year plus Edlers contract to get Byram. 

If Benning was Trump ...he could strong arm someone into taking that deal....

As  it is we would have to throw in next's years' first, this years second and Goldy or Jake  ( on top of what you said ) to get it done....

41 minutes ago, Screw said:

Edlers contract??

3rd + Seabrook contract 

I'd do that deal

Edler - Hughes

Byram - Seabrook

Juolevi - Woo

Tryamkin

• Upvote 3

58 minutes ago, Screw said:

Edlers contract??

3rd + Seabrook contract 

They don't necessarily need the cap, they're getting nearly 6mil in cap space in expiring contracts this summer alone with no significant re-signings on the horizon, and probably value Seabrook's leadership. 5 years of Seabrook at nearly 7 mil isn't too bad for a team just entering a rebuild and they likely could get rid of him down the line relatively easily when they leave their rebuild. For us though, it'd be pretty bad to take on that contract assuming he'd even waive to come here. We gotta protect him in the expansion draft cause of his NMC. That 7mil will disappear quickly if Petey and Hughes continue to build on their strong starts.

All in all I don't think either side would be interested. None of the players we are giving up are worth a lot. They are losing a top 3 pick and some leadership for the 10th overall, a bottom 6 forward and a long shot starting goalie . We are taking in cap we might not be able to afford to take on down the line. Value wise we take them for a lot, but bigger picture the Seabrook cap has me scared. I'd probably take that deal from the Canucks standpoint, give you a hard no if I am Chicago.

Kakko with a highlight real goal already today, I would take him 1st overall hands down. This kid is the real deal, im going to boo Bettman so hard at the draft.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Benning has had 2 years to prepare for this Draft in VAN. It's a big one for the team, because it's at home and with the way the rest of the West has progressed, Benning needs to nail his picks. He's going into the last year of his contract.

So far, Benning has accumulated 2 extra 6th round picks. There are also a slew of bottom 6 veterans that need to go. No one has been moved yet.

If the Canucks go into next season with this roster, and he doesn't acquire any more picks in the first 3 rounds...

Baertschi - Pettersson - Boeser

Pearson - Horvat - Goldobin

Leivo - Sutter - Eriksson

Roussel - Beagle - Virtanen

Granlund

Edler - Stecher

Hughes - Tanev

Hutton - Rafferty

Juolevi

...should he be fired?

4 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Benning has had 2 years to prepare for this Draft in VAN. It's a big one for the team, because it's at home and with the way the rest of the West has progressed, Benning needs to nail his picks. He's going into the last year of his contract.

So far, Benning has accumulated 2 extra 6th round picks. There are also a slew of bottom 6 veterans that need to go. No one has been moved yet.

If the Canucks go into next season with this roster, and he doesn't acquire any more picks in the first 3 rounds...

Granlund

Edler - Stecher

Hughes - Tanev

Hutton - Rafferty

Juolevi

...should he be fired?

If he does and misses the playoffs then yes, I think so. 

2 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

If he does and misses the playoffs then yes, I think so. 

Playoffs?! Playoffs?!! They need to win a game first !!! lol

I will be so disappointed if we have the same roster as last year. This is also a really big draft for the team, and say Benning takes Harley at #10 (and passes on Boldy and Zegras), is that enough to appease the fanbase for another year?   

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Caufield is a small guy (he's kind of tiny really) who has difficulty with his skating.  How is he going to keep up to the play in the NHL, or even find open ice.  If he was a bigger guy who had trouble with skating then he could use his size for positioning.  He's tiny though.  I don't see him being an effective NHL player, and he could seriously fall in this draft.  

Wrong.  Caufield is a good skater.  

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Granlund

Edler - Stecher

Hughes - Tanev

Hutton - Rafferty

Juolevi

...should he be fired?

That won’t be our lineup though I’m pretty convinced we Willa acquire a 20 goal winger to take Goldie’s spot with Bo.  Also expect Sutter to exit making room for gaudette 

25 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Granlund

Edler - Stecher

Hughes - Tanev

Hutton - Rafferty

Juolevi

...should he be fired?

The chances of him sitting on his hands all summer are basically zero.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Granlund

Edler - Stecher

Hughes - Tanev

Hutton - Rafferty

Juolevi

...should he be fired?

Gaudette in for Eriksson and swap Rafferty with Juolevi and I don't care how he got rid of Eriksson...Benning would be gold in my book...and we will make the playoffs just with addition of Hughes and Juolevi....

The only thing wrong with that lineup is depth...MacEwen is the first callup and then there is a whole lot of hope and potential in the rest of the forward prospects.

We will have a more mature and ready to fly BB and EP and AG ...put that on top of the parity in the league and Quinn is going to carry us to the first round ...at least.