The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

On 5/30/2019 at 6:37 PM, Alflives said:

We are almost all guys, and sports fans to boot.  Of course our mental ages will be single digits.  Think of any team you played on, and this is the locker room.  Trolls are furry and cute.  They are cute, cuddly, and fun.  They are a lot like Cole Caufield.  One we need, and the other (the hockey player) we don’t. 

Ahhhh you furry Alf.  The more you hate on Caufield, the more I want the Canucks to get him.  Unfortunately an elite goal scorer like him will be gone by 10.  In fact I expect the top five to go as such.

Hughes

Kakko

Turcotte

Byram

Caufield

LA was the worst GF last season.  Caufield is and will been an elite sniper in the NHL.  He is LA bound.  And yes he can skate just fine.

The rest of the top 10 are talented good players but only the top 5 this year have elite skills.

Podkolzin

Dach

Cozens

Zegras

Boldy

(Krebs).  My number 11

Soderstrom 

Seider

York

Broberg

My Picks 12-15

Really for me.... if JB picks any of these top 15 I’d be extremely happy!  I think the top 5 are a cut above but anybody in the top 15 have potential be a star in the NHL.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I’m really hoping that one of Cozens, Dach, Boldy or Turcotte falls to us. 

Cozens and Dach - they bring the size that our top six could use, not to mention that it’s a nice bonus that they could possibly play as soon as next year. 

Boldy - I see him as being the perfect winger for Pettersson 

Turcotte - he’s just so frickin good lol. Having him, Horvat and Pettersson down the middle (in no particular order) would give us one of the top center groups in the league. 

There are a lot of other players I’d be really happy with too (Krebs, Newhook, Zegras, etc) but if one of the four I previously mentioned is on the board when we draft I really Hope GMJB takes him. 

The way I see it, there’s a pretty good likelihood one will be there; for instance we all know that Hughes, Kakko, and Byram will be gone. So if any three of Podkolzin, Caufield, Krebs, Zegras, Broberg, Soderstrom, etc make the top ten, that will guarantee that one of the four that I’m personally hoping for will be there ;)

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

Ahhhh you furry Alf.  The more you hate on Caufield, the more I want the Canucks to get him.  Unfortunately an elite goal scorer like him will be gone by 10.  In fact I expect the top five to go as such.

Hughes

Kakko

Turcotte

Byram

Caufield

LA was the worst GF last season.  Caufield is and will been an elite sniper in the NHL.  He is LA bound.  And yes he can skate just fine.

The rest of the top 10 are talented good players but only the top 5 this year have elite skills.

Podkolzin

Dach

Cozens

Zegras

Boldy

(Krebs).  My number 11

Soderstrom 

Seider

York

Broberg

My Picks 12-15

Really for me.... if JB picks any of these top 15 I’d be extremely happy!  I think the top 5 are a cut above but anybody in the top 15 have potential be a star in the NHL.

I hope JB could get that Oilers 8 OA pick.  There are going to be really good players available at those two spots.  How about we got Podkolzin and Seider?  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Any player who's worst case scenario is he ends up a Parayko would go top 3 in the draft.  Parayko is a top pair Dman.

If that's his worst case scenario then what's his mid point, Pieterangelo? 

Parayko isn’t a top pair imho. He’s a great 3/4. He’s been a consistent 30-35 pt dman who plays physical and is a good PP2 point man. Pieterangelo is a top pair dman.

Arguably the only top pair dman in the draft is Byram, all the other names would have to exceed their expectations to reach top pairing. I do believe out of all the next 4-5 Seider is the guy with the best chance of that. Moreover, if he’s paired w Hughes we could have a dominant dcorps down the road. 

Hughes Seider

Tryamkin Woo

Juolevi Stecher 

Edited by 18W-40C-6W

I could see a scenario where Canucks trade down to get an nhl defenceman and still get a 1st round pick 

eg. To Van :

-PK Subban

-24th overall pick 

To Nash:

-10th overall

-2020 2nd rd pick

-B prospect ( gadjovich,Lind,Lockwood)

just an example because I do think that Nashville will be looking to trade a defenceman with Josi getting a raise and fabbro joining the club 

The Canucks would upgrade there defence and a lot of good players would still be available at 24th

1 hour ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

Parayko isn’t a top pair imho. He’s a great 3/4. He’s been a consistent 30-35 pt dman who plays physical and is a good PP2 point man. Pieterangelo is a top pair dman.

Arguably the only top pair dman in the draft is Byram, all the other names would have to exceed their expectations to reach top pairing. I do believe out of all the next 4-5 Seider is the guy with the best chance of that. Moreover, if he’s paired w Hughes we could have a dominant dcorps down the road. 

Hughes Seider

Tryamkin Woo

Juolevi Stecher 

I'm pretty sure Seider would be a Parayko comparable. He will be counted on defensively while chipping in 25-35 pts in his prime. I'm not sure I see much more offensive upside with this guy then that. It is a still top pairing if he can chip in once in a while holding the fort defensively while Hughes does his work on the other side.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

I could see a scenario where Canucks trade down to get an nhl defenceman and still get a 1st round pick 

eg. To Van :

-PK Subban

-24th overall pick 

To Nash:

-10th overall

-2020 2nd rd pick

just an example because I do think that Nashville will be looking to trade a defenceman with Josi getting a raise and fabbro joining the club 

The Canucks would upgrade there defence and a lot of good players would still be available at 24th

10th plus Hutton for Subban and 24th.

Nashville has cap issues and wants out of Subban’s contract - we don’t need to throw in the 2nd

6 hours ago, YearoftheNuck said:

I’m really hoping that one of Cozens, Dach, Boldy or Turcotte falls to us. 

Cozens and Dach - they bring the size that our top six could use, not to mention that it’s a nice bonus that they could possibly play as soon as next year. 

Boldy - I see him as being the perfect winger for Pettersson 

Turcotte - he’s just so frickin good lol. Having him, Horvat and Pettersson down the middle (in no particular order) would give us one of the top center groups in the league. 

There are a lot of other players I’d be really happy with too (Krebs, Newhook, Zegras, etc) but if one of the four I previously mentioned is on the board when we draft I really Hope GMJB takes him. 

The way I see it, there’s a pretty good likelihood one will be there; for instance we all know that Hughes, Kakko, and Byram will be gone. So if any three of Podkolzin, Caufield, Krebs, Zegras, Broberg, Soderstrom, etc make the top ten, that will guarantee that one of the four that I’m personally hoping for will be there ;)

Let's say things don't go your way though. Then it will be something like...

1. Hughes

2. Kakko

3. Byram

4.Cozens 

5. Dach 

6. Boldy

7.Turcotte

8. Krebs

9. Zegras

Now what do you do?

Me, at that point I'd have my ears open for a trade.

Edited by John_Guest
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, John_Guest said:

1. Hughes

2. Kakko

3. Byram

4.Cozens 

5. Dach 

6. Boldy

7.Turcotte

8. Krebs

9. Zegras

Now what do you do?

Newhook, Caufield

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, John_Guest said:

1. Hughes

2. Kakko

3. Byram

4.Cozens 

5. Dach 

6. Boldy

7.Turcotte

8. Krebs

9. Zegras

Now what do you do?

Podkolzin 

• Upvote 1

clear as mud. it is all too confusing for me. everyday, i want someone different at #10. 

i’ld love turcotte, dach or cozens, but i think JB is going to take a D-man.  he said, there were some good D-men around where they pick and he was going to draft one, unless he was talking about the second round. i think, he drafts a D man and  trades or signs a FA D man. i have been wrong before. eklund hasn’t given me my wings yet. 

Edited by smithers joe
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

clear as mud. it is all too confusing for me. everyday, i want someone different at #10. 

i’ld love turcotte, dach or cozens, but i think JB is going to take a D-man.  he said, there were some good D-men around where they pick and he was going to draft one, unless he was talking about the second round. i think, he drafts a D man and  trades or signs a FA D man. i have wrong before. eklund hasn’t given me my wings yet. 

It's not just you joe. 

Outside of the top 2 you're not going to find much consensus on from anyone. 

After the draft interviews and combine - I'm sure things will get even more polarized. 

http://www.mynhldraft.com/2019-nhl-draft/2019-nhl-draft-rankings/

Seider...I think he could be just as good as Byram...I do admit that I haven't seen enough of Heinola to rate him...but Seider could play some minutes next year and be ready for prime time the year after, he is already playing against men and doing really well.

That said I think Benning pulls a trade...up or down I don't know but something to shake things up seeing as how the draft is in Vancouver...

I wouldn't mind seeing a trade down 4-6 spots and grab another 2nd round jpick and take BPA in the first or Seider or Heinola ( likely the BPA's anyway)...

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

eg. To Van :

-PK Subban

-24th overall pick 

To Nash:

-10th overall

-2020 2nd rd pick

Nashville want a top 6 forward, not futures in return for Subban. They're 'win now'.

37 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Seider...I think he could be just as good as Byram...I do admit that I haven't seen enough of Heinola to rate him...but Seider could play some minutes next year and be ready for prime time the year after, he is already playing against men and doing really well.

That said I think Benning pulls a trade...up or down I don't know but something to shake things up seeing as how the draft is in Vancouver...

I wouldn't mind seeing a trade down 4-6 spots and grab another 2nd round jpick and take BPA in the first or Seider or Heinola ( likely the BPA's anyway)...

I'd be happy with Heinola just so we can say "you don't know sh!t from Heinola"

• Like 1

The Edmonton Oilers have sent their in-house reporters to the combine and have been posting the different interviews on their twitter account - Byram, Dach, Turcotte, Cozens, Newhook among others.  Zegras here:

• Upvote 1