The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

1 hour ago, R3aL said:

I’m sure the Canucks would love panarin as well. Especially on a 4-5 year deal. But neither will be happening.

most likely not signing panarin and no way would he sign a 4:5 year deal if he was

I know, I keep seeing that people expect Benning to sign the likes of Panarin, Karlsson or Myers to 4 year deals....:blink:

2 hours ago, mll said:

A player can only get 8 years if he was on the team's reserve list at the last TDL. Only CBJ can sign him to 8 years.  LeBrun thinks CBJ could agree to a sign and trade for a 2nd round pick.

Ahh. Yes. Thanks. 

Ya so giving CBJ something in return would get him 8yrs. 

Either way. gotta pay something to CBJ if he wants to sign 8 years. I'm sure more than a few teams will be willing if term and money is all that matters at the end.  

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I know, I keep seeing that people expect Benning to sign the likes of Panarin, Karlsson or Myers to 4 year deals....:blink:

There’s wants and theres reality. UFAs get tons of money plus long term deals that go far past productive years. as a unrealistic fan I want cheap 4yr deals. I know it’ll never happen... just wishful thinking.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

There’s wants and theres reality. UFAs get tons of money plus long term deals that go far past productive years. as a unrealistic fan I want cheap 4yr deals. I know it’ll never happen... just wishful thinking.

I just don't see the value in 'discussing' something that's not going to happen on a discussion forum where you're presenting it as a realistic possibility.

People are either setting themselves up for the disappointment of Benning signing FA's for 'TOO LONG!!' or for not getting them at all because we wouldn't sign them for the unreasonable terms they will demand.

Then let the whinging and pitch-forking commence! :frantic:

Don't be part of the problem.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I just don't see the value in 'discussing' something that's not going to happen on a discussion forum where you're presenting it as a realistic possibility.

People are either setting themselves up for the disappointment of Benning signing FA's for 'TOO LONG!!' or for not getting them at all because we wouldn't sign them for the unreasonable terms they will demand.

Hey man. Dont take my whinging and the ability to use my pitchfork away with your logic. Geez.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, hateleafs said:

I like Hockeyprospect.com   Compared to canucks management draft rankings pretty close last 3 drafts. 

They had Juolevi ranked 6. We took him at 5

Pettersson at  5 we took him at 5

Hughes at 9 we took him 7 th

Also 2015 They had Boeser at 18 we took him 23.

virtanen at 18 we took him 6

This year they have zegras 10 Seider 11

soderstrom 12 York 13 and Newhook at 16

Count your lucky stars if Zegras is there at #10

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Everybody’s posts are unrealistic, speculation  and never really come to fruition. But it’s still fun to discuss.

pitch forking is the joys of being a fan. so enjoy the nonsense that is sport forums.

so what exactly is the piece of problem your referring too.

Edited by HockeyHarry
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Ya ! makes no sense they all want 6-7 year deals 

• Cheers 1

Just now, hateleafs said:

Sounds like the canucks are flying 2 or 3 prospects to van to meet. One of which was Newhook. They must have him higher then 16. Curios who the other two are. 

I heard that, I have a feeling Newhook might be a Benning type of player. I'm curious who the others were too. 

9 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

The Flyers just got Kevin Hayes for a 5th round pick.....and yet for us Minni wants Boeser for a Zucker trade to work...!

We should have grabbed Hayes ...the Flyers would have had a higher 5th round pick with us....

I just hope Benning doesn't get Zuckered this draft by trading away Hutton and Virtanen for  a Pylon....

You do realize Hayes has not signed??!! 

Edit: nvm. I see numerous other posters already tried to educate you on this. 

Edited by Kanukfanatic

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I heard that, I have a feeling Newhook might be a Benning type of player. I'm curious who the others were too. 

So I’m assuming they have Newhook at 10 11

12 or 13. If they don’t like the player that’s In top 10 that’s available at 10 they’ll either pick Newhook seider or Soderstrom. I’ll probably be surprised at draft. 

I think the players the Canucks are probably targeting is: Zegras, Broberg, Soderstrom, Boldy. 

I'd go with: 1) Zegras , 2) Soderstrom , 3) Boldy , 4) Broberg

Every time Kuzma writes a draft article, he always hones in on a couple players and since he's like well connected, I can see those guys being the main targets

1 minute ago, hateleafs said:

So I’m assuming they have Newhook at 10 11

12 or 13. If they don’t like the player that’s In top 10 that’s available at 10 they’ll either pick Newhook seider or Soderstrom. I’ll probably be surprised at draft. 

Could very well be Newhook. It will be interesting to see the reaction at Rogers when Benning goes to the mic and announces Newhook, with Boldy still on the table lol I guess we'll find out in a couple of weeks. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, hateleafs said:

I like Hockeyprospect.com   Compared to canucks management draft rankings pretty close last 3 drafts. 

They had Juolevi ranked 6. We took him at 5

Pettersson at  5 we took him at 5

Hughes at 9 we took him 7 th

Also 2015 They had Boeser at 18 we took him 23.

virtanen at 18 we took him 6

This year they have zegras 10 Seider 11

soderstrom 12 York 13 and Newhook at 16

Great post with useful info

Thx

• Cheers 1